Motherboard wont post.

So i have a Gigabyte board here and its no longer posting when i press the power button on. I have tried removing all extras from the mobo bar the chip to see if it would post and still no response even when shorting the two pins, i was wondering if their is another way to power the board or is this a lost cause?

I'll update the type of board when i figure it out, the pc its in is pretty old.

Thanks for any feedback or advice in advance ?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Are there any signs of life at all? Can you test the PSU?

PSU works, Fans work, GPU works only thing i cant test is the CPU as dont have another board to test it on.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

IMG_20190624_221615.thumb.jpg.1307834ad3aadef1cc29b01fe1553318.jpgIMG_20190624_221605.thumb.jpg.9b1c1b23303dcb99ebbe747c39514e3d.jpg

Apologies on poor resizing of image, these are being sent via a phone with limited.

But thats the Motherboard, and the Model shown in the lower image

If you remove the CPU does it power on? If not then you probably have a dead motherboard.

@Windows7ge  Nah didn't power on without the cpu,  thing is the capacitors on the board are getting charged. I'll need to get a multimeter to it tomorrow and check how far the power is possibly getting.