4 Pin Motherboard

My motherboard only has 4 pins slot for the main power. Is it possible to upgrade my Power supply?

Can we get any information about the system?

Model, specs, etc?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

HP Pavilion 690-0013w 

Ryzen 5 2400g, GTX 1050 2GB vram, 8 gb ram, 1tb hard drive. HP 8433 Motherboard, and a 310 watt psu

I want to make upgrades on pretty much everything, but i need more power.

Usually newer power supplies have a 8 pin EPS power plug. Just make sure, maybe even contact support from the PSU you like, that the 8 pin plug can be split into 2 4-pin plugs :)

20 hours ago, DezricDTR said:

HP Pavilion 690-0013w 

Ryzen 5 2400g, GTX 1050 2GB vram, 8 gb ram, 1tb hard drive. HP 8433 Motherboard, and a 310 watt psu

I want to make upgrades on pretty much everything, but i need more power.

OUCH!  Proprietary.  

Stupid thing about HP is they're SO inconsistent from one build to another.  One will have a proprietary 4-pin, then a 6-pin...

You'll need to find an adapter cable that adapts the standard ATX connector to whatever proprietary connector HP uses in your build.

Might actually be easier/cheaper to get rid of the whole board.  HP makes these PCs not so you can upgrade them, but so when you need an upgrade you go out and buy another HP.

20 hours ago, Aerpoweron said:

Usually newer power supplies have a 8 pin EPS power plug. Just make sure, maybe even contact support from the PSU you like, that the 8 pin plug can be split into 2 4-pin plugs :)

Nah. He's not talking about CPU power.  He's talking about the main power connector.

Ok, my bad then. Then how is the rest connected to the motherboard? Could you give us any pictures of the inside of the case? I am afraid that a standard ATX or microATX won't fit as well.

4 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

OUCH!  Proprietary.  

Stupid thing about HP is they're SO inconsistent from one build to another.  One will have a proprietary 4-pin, then a 6-pin...

You'll need to find an adapter cable that adapts the standard ATX connector to whatever proprietary connector HP uses in your build.

Might actually be easier/cheaper to get rid of the whole board.  HP makes these PCs not so you can upgrade them, but so when you need an upgrade you go out and buy another HP.

Nah. He's not talking about CPU power.  He's talking about the main power connector.

That's why I hate HP. Bloatware and this.

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9