Laptop for art school work/gaming

I need a laptop for homework that'll consist of 3D modeling, rendering, digital painting, and I would like to do some photo scanning with meshroom this summer while I'm away from my desktop. I would like to stay close to $1500 and it would be great to have good color accuracy. The Dell XPS 15 for $1,400 has great color accuracy but only a 1050ti. I like the idea of getting the MSI GS65 that also has great color accuracy as well as a better gpu for faster rendering but it's closer to $1,800. I did find a refurbished or as amazon calls it (renewed) GS65 for $1,400 but I'm not sure how safe that is to get(also doesn't have much storage, does it have a spot for a seccond ssd?). Someone suggested the Cyberpower Tracer III TSVR2200 but I couldn't find info on color accuracy of its monitor. They also suggested the Lenovo Legion y540/740(also costco has a y545 with a 1660ti that's I think supposed to be in the middle of those but I can't find any reviews or info on color accuracy of the screen), which have alright color accuracy and might be a good mid ground of faster gpu and color accuracy.

I'm really not sure what to pick, what do you guys think about the dell XPS 15 vs something with a better gpu? Is it safe or a bad idea to get a renewed GS65? What do you think about these laptops and do you have any other suggestions?

What programs will you be using? What is your budget? Will you ever have to use a drawing tablet? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

14 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

What programs will you be using? What is your budget? Will you ever have to use a drawing tablet? 

I would like to stick as close to $1500 as I can, I'll be using Blender, Meshroom, maybe Maya, Krita, and yeah I'll be using a drawing tablet.