[SOLVED]Microsoft basic display adapter appearing as extra monitor?

Suspensa
Go to solution Solved by TheDelphiDude,

Enter the BIOS, and see if there is an option for setting the preferred (or primary) graphics adapter. Make sure it's not set to IGP, but something like PCI-e or auto.

Hey all title somewhat explains everything but more specifically...

I gave my gf a hand me down 1050 ti to up her computer specs but the way the computer handles the driver's is stressing me out. For some reason the only way the PC will get to the Windows screen is HDMI directly to the motherboard then switching to the gpu. One issue is that when I check display settings it shows both Microsoft basic display adapter (mbda) as one monitor and the 1050 as a separate monitor even though there's only one monitor and one HDMI cord. My bandaid fix is just to have the displays mirrored but that doesn't seem to be letting games use the 1050. I can't find a way to disable mbda so that the gpu is the only display device. Some history is that the processor is a Ryzen 2400g so it has an igpu but I've uninstalled the device to prevent that from interfering.

Looking for any advice, thanks in advance

Enter the BIOS, and see if there is an option for setting the preferred (or primary) graphics adapter. Make sure it's not set to IGP, but something like PCI-e or auto.

2 hours ago, TheDelphiDude said:

Yup that was exactly it much appreciated