My computer will turn on with lights but no signal to display

So one night I'm playing some games and then I decide to start downloading warframe and I leave my computer on. I then proceed to wake up in the morning wiggle my mouse and nothing happens. I then try to reset my computer and the powerbutton no longer works. I then proceed to turn it off via the power supply. Then I assume it's a mobo thing and take out the battery to reset it. Well that didnt work so I went to a friends house and threw in my GPU and ram and it worked but then when he put his components in and it started doing the same thing. Am I cursed or just stupid. Also I have a 1080 and a 2700x with 16gb of viper memory if that helps my friend has a 1070 and 16gb

Are you getting a post code from the mobo?

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

54 minutes ago, Vladxxl said:

So one night I'm playing some games and then I decide to start downloading warframe and I leave my computer on. I then proceed to wake up in the morning wiggle my mouse and nothing happens. I then try to reset my computer and the powerbutton no longer works. I then proceed to turn it off via the power supply. Then I assume it's a mobo thing and take out the battery to reset it. Well that didnt work so I went to a friends house and threw in my GPU and ram and it worked but then when he put his components in and it started doing the same thing. Am I cursed or just stupid. Also I have a 1080 and a 2700x with 16gb of viper memory if that helps my friend has a 1070 and 16gb

Just to clarify:

You went to a friends and put your hardware into his system and it worked

Then your friend came to yours and put HIS hardware into YOUR system and it DIDNT work?

Because if that's the case, you might want to double check your monitor as its the most likely culprit. Check everything is connected properly. Maybe connect the display to something else like a console or another computer to see if you get signal.

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

2 hours ago, Vladxxl said:

1 hour ago, Findiculous said:

Just to clarify:

You went to a friends and put your hardware into his system and it worked

Then your friend came to yours and put HIS hardware into YOUR system and it DIDNT work?

Because if that's the case, you might want to double check your monitor as its the most likely culprit. Check everything is connected properly. Maybe connect the display to something else like a console or another computer to see if you get signal.

I've tried multiple monitors didnt work

1 hour ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

Are you getting a post code from the mobo?

Nope I'm not getting a post code but now I'm thinking it's a ram issue

13 hours ago, Vladxxl said:

Nope I'm not getting a post code but now I'm thinking it's a ram issue

From what you said about your friends RAM didnt that mean that you tried his too?

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk

5th Hard Disk
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air