Why does my pump make this noise?

I have a 72x Kraken liquid cooler, it keeps my temps recents but the noise it makes is awful!!! 

Here te is the link to the video 

Should I think about changing to air cooling, this is my second kraken and it’s still super annoying.

CPU: i7 9700k 

loud pumps are usually from them dying or air bubbles, but i don't think it's either of those. If it's too annoying to tolerate switch to a different cooler. Not sure why it's doing that but i don't think its anything to worry about

It makes this sound all the time? Or when PC is under load? Because it sounds more like coil whine from the GPU.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

It makes this sound all the time? Or when PC is under load? Because it sounds more like coil whine from the GPU.

It sounds like this most of the time. It stops for a bit but then continues again. I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the pump becuase the noise is mostly concentrated there, however could a RTX 2080 have that bad of coil whine?

2 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

if it's under load, yeah. generally though, cards are dead silent when they're not under load.

have you got the pump on PWM control or set to run flat-out?

I control it through the CAM software. I have it on performance I think, but on silence it makes just as much noise. The issue is it can always be heard, and gets quite annoying. I don’t know if I want to drop a ton of money on a aircooler, and my liquid cooler was $170 and I’ve only had it for half a year. I really need a solution :(

8 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

see if there's an option to set it to run 100% duty cycle - there's a slim chance that what you're hearing is PWM carrier signal but honestly it's more than likely just regular pump noises

it doen't sound like there's air in it or anything because that makes a very distinctive wooshing sound, or if the pocket of air is big enough, it may even audibly scream

Thank you for the response, however does this usually happen to liquid coolers? Ive always thought liquid coolers were efficient and somewhat quiet, but I sent back my first kraken 72x because of some loud noises and now this one is loud too. My PC always has a high pitched hum. It seems to be from the CPU but it’s just so annoying. 

Is is there anyway I can isolate the sound and make sure it’s the cpu?

6 hours ago, starcoaster said:

cpu's don't really make any noise, coils around it might.

liquid coolers are inherently noisy things due to a high speed pump spinning round in there and the electronics to drive it. they're more efficient, but not always quieter

Oh okay thank you. 

Could my lack of intake affect my the noise? I have three 120mm fans pushing air through a radiator on the front. My RTX 2080 runs at around 70°, my CPU runs at around 65° ,on R6 atleast. Would moving my 360mm radiator into the top help at all? Is the noise possible due to the temps in anyway? 

Sound like coil whine to me.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Sound like coil whine to me.

Is there a way to reduce/stop coil whine?

Just now, Waynelu127 said:

Is there a way to reduce/stop coil whine?

Nope.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |