New pc build

Locar

Hey im building a new pc soon and I want to make sure all my parts are good any thoughts what should I change? Keep in mind I have a budget of $500

looks good. i think that is optimal for the price.

although if you don't mind using used parts, you might get RX580 8g for the same price.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($40.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($28.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - Vengeance 650 W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill - RNX-AC600PCEv3 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $497.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-17 23:21 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

looks good. i think that is optimal for the price.

although if you don't mind using used parts, you might get RX580 8g for the same price.

No need for used parts, I can fit in the RX 580 and an upgraded CPU (9100F) for a lower price :)

EDIT: Ignore the warning about not the 9100F including a CPU cooler. The site is incorrect about that.

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

snip

"Intel - Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor does not include a stock CPU cooler."

Also has almost $50 in rebates, which may or not may be a faff to redeem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, BigRom said:

"Intel - Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor does not include a stock CPU cooler."

Also has almost $50 in rebates, which may or not may be a faff to redeem.

It does include a stock cooler, PCPP is incorrect on that. They should update it soon. His original build included rebates so I assumed it was fine.

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

It does include a stock cooler, PCPP is incorrect on that. They should update it soon. His original build included rebates so I assumed it was fine.

Fair enough. Did look slightly curious as I remembered only the K-unlocked chip don't come with a cooler

Alternatively, heres a Ryzen 1600 build for OP's consideration.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($28.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Corsair) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WN881ND PCIe x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter  ($15.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $528.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-18 00:35 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

agree. i3 is not an an option on the budget and you will find you need upgrade very soon. its much more costly

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

agree. i3 is not an an option on the budget and you will find you need upgrade very soon. its much more costly

Then you'd have to say the Ryzen 3 1200 is also not an option. The 9100F is a big upgrade over that, and it trades blows with the 1600, and it's still winning in a majority of games overall including newer titles like Rage 2, Metro Exodus, and A Plague Tale: Innocence.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

go with @Herman Mcpootis build. you get a very good overall build and not falling into the trap of 4c/4t that more and more titles are starting to struggle with. in the case with the 7600k, there was a good argument to be made for that CPU. Sadly today its hard to use the same 2 year old argument when we are allready starting to see the effects of the matter. 

12 hours ago, Locar said:

Hey im building a new pc soon and I want to make sure all my parts are good any thoughts what should I change? Keep in mind I have a budget of $500

The PSU is pretty bad. The WLAN Adaptor looks expensive, though with Antenna it might be good.

Otherwise its not too bad, you did your work.

There is one thing you have to change:
Get better Memory. If you are able to, get another stick later, but you should look at least at DDR4-2666, if possible 3000.

The best Way to go at it, in my Oppionion, is to get something where you can replace the CPU for something better and there is no way around AMD right now.

The 9100F might look OK right now, but you can't upgrade it, so you have to throw away the Motherboard with the next new Architecture and the stuff right now probably won't move in price much. So not much here...

On the AMD side you have upcoming products. Maybe even the 4000 series wich might come next year might work in a good B450 Board...

And how good something like the 9100F and Ryzen 1600 is, you can see here:

TL;DR:
When the Intel is faster, both are well over 100fps. We're talking about very playable framerates.

HOWEVER: when the 1600 is faster, the i5-7600K (wich roughly equals the 9100F) really struggles. Noticable, sub 60fps!

For example Battlefield 5: 50fps Intel vs 89fps minimum 1600.

The Division 2 (Ultra): 60fps min for the 4C/4T CPU vs. 79/121 fps.

Showing 150fps vs. 120fps is pointless, that's not important. Both are very playable. 50fps (min) vs. 89fps however is important as that shows one CPU having no Problems with the Application, the other is struggling - and you feel/notice it.

The Video @Herman Mcpootis posted earlier is the continuation of that.

...and then there is the thing coming on the 7th...

Buttom Line:
You have two options:

a) get something now for the money you have with the Plan to upgrade it within this year to the upcoming (6 Core) CPU wich is said to cost around 200€ minimum

b) go with either @Herman Mcpootis or @BigRom builds.

Herman's has a slightly better PSU, BigRom's a slightly better PSU. Throw a coin, both are fine.

But stay away from 4C/4T CPUs, if you do not plan on replacing them when you have a bit money!!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Ok, the thread derailed and essentially flamed up into an Intel vs AMD topic.

Lets stick to the topic at hand and answer the question asked by the OP.

Help with the build, if you cannot do this, do not reply. Simple really.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER