Browsable file managment

I have a server running Red Hat. On it there is a printer connected and a directory where PDFs get dumped. The users in the past would browse to a KVM switch to remotely access this server. However, with continuous update to Java this has become a pain in the harris. We know we can directly browse to the CUPS interface on that server so access is already good to some extend. Now I am looking for a good package  that will allow them to browse to the server and manage and print those files just in that specific directory. I am sure there are such tools available, just not what they are and which are the easiest to setup and use. Any advice appreciated.

If you're looking to share folders over a network you can use samba or ftp, there are many available implementations to choose from. Both allow all sorts of permissions management so you can control who has access to what.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you're looking to share folders over a network you can use samba or ftp, there are many available implementations to choose from. Both allow all sorts of permissions management so you can control who has access to what.

ftp would be a bit beyond some users hence looking for a browsable web interface. They simply need to be able to see the files, click on the pdf's and print them if required then delete the files when they are done. 

4 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

ftp would be a bit beyond some users hence looking for a browsable web interface. They simply need to be able to see the files, click on the pdf's and print them if required then delete the files when they are done. 

hm, I don't know of any utility that does this specifically - there are ways of mounting samba shares so they show up directly in the file manager, it should be a one time setup so you can configure the client pcs yourself and the users can just use it as a local folder.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*