Best m.2 for the price?

WokeUp

What’s up guys my computer is running very low on storage I have a 128gb ssd for my os and I am in need of an upgrade I have been looking into getting a m.2 since the price is very similar to some ssds and they are easy to install which would you guys recommend that’s good for the price? It does not have to be super fast since I just play gta sometimes so which would you guys recommend? I was looking into the 1tb wd blue m.2 for $109 but which do you recommend?

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

A piece of general advice is that a SATA M.2 SSD and a 2.5 SATA SSD will be almost the same, it depends on the controllers, the experience of the brands, many other things, etc... The best thing you can do is trying to get one between the many options available in the market that offers you 5 years of guarantee, so get the best offer that you can find because that's a good indicator that they think their device will last so long, other SSDs that give 2 year warranty are generally not as good and burn faster...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

8 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

A piece of general advice is that a SATA M.2 SSD and a 2.5 SATA SSD will be almost the same, it depends on the controllers, the experience of the brands, many other things, etc... The best thing you can do is trying to get one between the many options available in the market that offers you 5 years of guarantee, so get the best offer that you can find because that's a good indicator that they think their device will last so long, other SSDs that give 2 year warranty are generally not as good and burn faster...

I found this one and its amazing price for what it is! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6GF81L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A25SITGFW0OQJA&psc=1

Well, I do not know that brand! That SSD is a PCIe Gen3x2 and I think those types are a good option for when you want to use NVMe and save some money, but on their website, they say they offer a 3-year warranty only, those with more endurance will always give you about 5 years:

At the end you are the one paying, I am just sharing my opinions, get what you like the most. My recommendation will be to get one with 5 years warranty, either SATA M.2 or NVMe M.2, check the prices available and find that best offer that suits your budget better...

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

12 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Well, I do not know that brand! That SSD is a PCIe Gen3x2 and I think those types are a good option for when you want to use NVMe and save some money, but on their website, they say they offer a 3-year warranty only, those with more endurance will always give you about 5 years:

At the end you are the one paying, I am just sharing my opinions, get what you like the most. My recommendation will be to get one with 5 years warranty, either SATA M.2 or NVMe M.2, check the prices available and find that best offer that suits your budget better...

You are wrong this is the one I bought https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-P34A80 

and if you see they give you 5 year warranty I also googled it and seems good the reviews on amazon are also great!

Oh, I see... My bad I'm sorry! Then go for it, looking good! ?

6 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Oh, I see... My bad I'm sorry! Then go for it, looking good! ?

Yep just bought it :) it was sold out on new egg and only one left on amazon I will make a review on it because for the price of $115 with read and write speeds over 3000 MB/s is insane!! 

Already! Glad to see you found what you were looking for! Do it and share it through here, we like to see the benchmarking on devices and surely more than one will find it useful...