Should I have spent more and get 8350u instead of 7300u?

Hi there, I have been craving affordable full windows tablets and finally made up my mind and purchased a Dell 5285 tablet with i5-7300u CPU, 8GB ram and 256GB SSD, costs me about 340 dollars.

Should I have spent 160 dollars more to get the latest Dell 5290 which is equipped with i5-8350u? Am I going to see a massive under performance comparing to the 5290 model? I only use my tablet to browse the internet and watch youtube. Should I have spent 160 dollars more? Is the performance difference huge between 7300u and 8350u on most day to day uses? I do not game on these things nor do I edit anything. Just plain youtube and chrome.

1 minute ago, columbusohio said:

Hi there, I have been craving affordable full windows tablets and finally made up my mind and purchased a Dell 5285 tablet with i5-7300u CPU, 8GB ram and 256GB SSD, costs me about 340 dollars.

Should I have spent 160 dollars more to get the latest Dell 5290 which is equipped with i5-8350u? Am I going to see a massive under performance comparing to the 5290 model? I only use my tablet to browse the internet and watch youtube. Should I have spent 160 dollars more? Is the performance difference huge between 7300u and 8350u on most day to day uses? I do not game on these things nor do I edit anything. Just plain youtube and chrome.

Nah, you’ve already bought the one with the 7300u, it should be just fine for YouTube, although you may want to choose a different browser as chrome is known to eat up ram. (It shouldn’t be a huge deal though) 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

On 6/15/2019 at 8:01 PM, star_pilot475 said:

Nah, you’ve already bought the one with the 7300u, it should be just fine for YouTube, although you may want to choose a different browser as chrome is known to eat up ram. (It shouldn’t be a huge deal though) 

8gb is enough. I have 10 tabs open, only 5.3g. Used.

op, ehat you have is fine.

11 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

8gb is enough. I have 10 tabs open, only 5.3g. Used.

op, ehat you have is fine.

Yeah should be good. That’s why I said shouldn’t be a huge deal. Although I do recommend Brave Browser as it’s very fast and has a built in adblocker. (It even blocks ads that come before and during YouTube videos.)

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

6 hours ago, columbusohio said:

Dell 5290

Open to other options? You should go for newer ULV CPU - double cores and threads

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128