RE the WAN Show, LTT should start a channel on electric vehicles... doh!

mic b

RE the WAN Show, LTT should start a channel on electric vehicles... LTT should get into/critique/review of electric vehicles and their tech - electric vehicles are the future, will be huge-r, the tech behind them will confuse a lot of people and they will need people to review them from a computer/tech background rather a than grease-monkeys background! And LTT has already done a few reviews on electric cars. A LLT channel on electric vehicles is a no-brainer. I'd subscribe.

LTT should start a channel about tractors and all the tech now inside tractors.

You see how dumb that sounds? It's not at all profitable for them to start a whole different channel, let alone for EV's. Even still, once in a blue moon there's some EV related vid they make. The LTT audience is too tech related to get into other things with tech in them, such as elevators, tractors, cars, etc. Tech is everywhere, and it surrounds us daily. What LTT focuses on is mainly the heart of everything, computers and computation down to the binary. If something super new came out, like AI Tesla uses for their auto drive, I'm sure LTT would find some things to do with it, mess around. But to start a channel, even just a whole show on the main LTT channel about EV's is too far beyond what the core audience wants. No one will watch those videos near as much as their other content, hence why they don't make vids about EV's much. There's plenty of other channels about EV's and their tech, I'm sure of it. There's always someone out there that shares your interest and makes a whole channel about it. Not LTT, not LMG, they make vids about a wide range of things. EV's just don't fit very well into that range.

I'm paying more attention to his note about incoming staff lightening the load for current staff to work on passion projects. I don't think Linus wants ideas from too many non-LTT folks rn (that's just my two cents) I think he wants to empower his staff to make content in a more exploratory manner... specifically what they're passionate about. LTT has energetic, intelligent, driven staff. I think Linus is realizing his staff's passions were the absolute best content he could produce. And he just has to let them do more of their own thing while still being "Linus Tech Tips" of yesteryear... very achievable with multiple synergistic channels. To be real, I think if he does that it will reinvigorate LTT and possibly redefine it entirely.

2 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

I’m still waiting for the kitchen set to be used for an actual cooking show.

Would be kind of hard, considering it's all fake.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

LTT should start a channel about tractors and all the tech now inside tractors.

You see how dumb that sounds? It's not at all profitable for them to start a whole different channel, let alone for EV's. Even still, once in a blue moon there's some EV related vid they make. The LTT audience is too tech related to get into other things with tech in them, such as elevators, tractors, cars, etc. Tech is everywhere, and it surrounds us daily. What LTT focuses on is mainly the heart of everything, computers and computation down to the binary. If something super new came out, like AI Tesla uses for their auto drive, I'm sure LTT would find some things to do with it, mess around. But to start a channel, even just a whole show on the main LTT channel about EV's is too far beyond what the core audience wants. No one will watch those videos near as much as their other content, hence why they don't make vids about EV's much. There's plenty of other channels about EV's and their tech, I'm sure of it. There's always someone out there that shares your interest and makes a whole channel about it. Not LTT, not LMG, they make vids about a wide range of things. EV's just don't fit very well into that range.

Didn't Linus say something about TalkLinked or whatnot? Was thinking that would be sick as a podcast, and on the YouTube. It's not about EV's though just general news, like a longer version of TechLinked, so a bit off topic. I think the idea is to start a new TalkLinked channel. 

11 minutes ago, floofer said:

Didn't Linus say something about TalkLinked or whatnot? Was thinking that would be sick as a podcast, and on the YouTube. It's not about EV's though just general news, like a longer version of TechLinked, so a bit off topic. I think the idea is to start a new TalkLinked channel. 

I just finished that WAN show and I hardly remember details. I think it was something along the lines of taking tech worthy news and expounding on one topic, that may be too complicated to explain on TechQuickie. I don't remember anything about a new channel for it though. But he is in the process of hiring new writers to ease the load off everyone else with this new project (along with current ones for that matter).

15 hours ago, mic b said:

RE the WAN Show, LTT should start a channel on electric vehicles... 

Why a dedicated channel? Like yeah EVs are cool and all but they don't need there own channel, why not do what MKBHD does with his autofocus series. Like they wouldn't have a platform and it new info is going to be sparse. It's like saying why not have a channel dedicated just to rockets by Space X or Boeing for example it is impractical

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

On 6/16/2019 at 1:08 AM, NineEyeRon said:

I’m still waiting for the kitchen set to be used for an actual cooking show.

Dennis needs to host this if it happens..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

11 hours ago, Rodinski said:

Overclocking your car.

I think that's a legit thing with electric motors. I'm not sure if it's only DC motors, but I think overclocking the motors on an EV is possible.

sorry to ruin your joke ;-;

On 6/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, mic b said:

RE the WAN Show, LTT should start a channel on electric vehicles... LTT should get into/critique/review of electric vehicles and their tech - electric vehicles are the future, will be huge-r, the tech behind them will confuse a lot of people and they will need people to review them from a computer/tech background rather a than grease-monkeys background! And LTT has already done a few reviews on electric cars. A LLT channel on electric vehicles is a no-brainer. I'd subscribe.

LTT should start a Auto tech and review channel. there has to be one or two petrolheads amongst us nerds.

A channel that focusses on electric vehicles would be fun, but as some of you said, it would probably be too far away from LTT's focus. I also don't think LTT currently has qualified staff for that (with some background in electrical engineering for example).

11 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

If Liao Can Cook, So Can You!

Will he cook vegetable stew?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

16 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

If Liao Can Cook, So Can You!

I say that cause he used to do it all the time on his instagram stories. He knows how to cook!

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 6/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, TempestCatto said:

I think that's a legit thing with electric motors. I'm not sure if it's only DC motors, but I think overclocking the motors on an EV is possible.

sorry to ruin your joke ;-;

Joke or not, it must be done.