new keyboard

BF109

Hey guys!

Due to some complaint in my family with my keyboard's key presses making too much noise I am looking for a new keyboard that is quiet. To be specific the keyboard should have some sort of tactile feedback if possible like a mechanical keyboard, but it has to be quiet, durable. I would prefer having some type of RGB lighting. I'd order it off of https://www.amazon.de/ and it shouldn't cost more than 200€. I don't have a specific brand in mind and I would really appreciate if you recommend several keyboards that would fulfill my requirements!

yours sincerely and thanks in advance, 

bf109

10 minutes ago, BF109 said:

What kind of keyboard do you use now?

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What kind of keyboard do you use now?

some mechanical Corsair I with RGB, but its really loud I forgott the name, I am not at home so i  cant look it up right now

Go to a pharmacy and ask for a pack of brace rings (dental bands). Gently pull the keycaps and install one ring on each keycap, as seen here:

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

4 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Go to a pharmacy and ask for a pack of brace rings (dental bands). Gently pull the keycaps and install one ring on each keycap, as seen here:

It only helps with bottoming out, not gonna silence the switch.

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

It only helps with bottoming out, not gonna silence the switch.

worth trying given the price though. Might solve enough of the noise so that family doesn't complain.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

12 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

worth trying given the price though. Might solve enough of the noise so that family doesn't complain.

Well, depends on the op's typing/gaming style, I myself bottom out very rarely, but it's worth trying if bottoming out is constant. @BF109 You need a keyboard with numpad? Maybe tenkeyless  or smaller would do? RGB is non negotiable??? Can't think of any real silent boards with RGB, but might be forgetting some.

@geo3 @b emoji Are there any topre or any other silent board with RGB? There aren't any or am I missing something? Only found this one : https://www.amazon.com/Realforce-RGB-Keyboard-Full-Size/dp/B07M9431Q5 but it's over op's budget.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Well, depends on the op's typing/gaming style, I myself bottom out very rarely, but it's worth trying if bottoming out is constant

Of course, I'm just saying that cheaper potential solutions exist that are worth exploring ;) 

The HUMBLE Computer:

2 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Well, depends on the op's typing/gaming style, I myself bottom out very rarely, but it's worth trying if bottoming out is constant. @BF109 You need a keyboard with numpad? Maybe tenkeyless  or smaller would do? RGB is non negotiable??? Can't think of any real silent boards with RGB, but might be forgetting some.

@geo3 @b emoji Are there any topre or any other silent board with RGB? There aren't any or am I missing something? Only found this one : https://www.amazon.com/Realforce-RGB-Keyboard-Full-Size/dp/B07M9431Q5 but it's over op's budget.

There is the Topre Realforce RGB, however, that board is quite loud by topre standards, you will need to install topre dampening rings like the kbdfans topre silence x to it. 
Other rgb silent rgbs boards are the Corsair ones with the mx silents, but those aren't the greatest switch, and the floating switch design makes it quite load, also corsair uses some of the worse stabilizers, which makes the stabilized keys have a rattly and mushy feel. 
Other options are to get a cheap hotswap gk61/64 rgb or some other cheap rgb pcb and build your own board with Zealpc zilents, healios, or gateron ink/aliaz switches. 

2 hours ago, vojta.pokorny said:

O-rings and dental bands only reduce the sound on the downstroke, and they also make the keyboard feel like shit. It decreases travel and give the switches a mushy feeling