Read/Write Speeds for this USB

AYDANN6ix9ine
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

If you just plan to use it as an installer USB the speed isn't all that important. It'll only act to speed up copying system files to the boot disk and that's but a small part of the installation process. Any cheap USB3.0 thumb drive should work well. I just use 2.0 and find them fast enough for the job.

So I'm looking at this USB drive to put Windows 10 on and use it as my Windows 10 Boot USB for new builds. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-elite-turbo-attache-4-16gb-usb-3-0-type-a-flash-drive-black-gray/3055058.p?skuId=3055058&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=477&ref=212&loc=DWA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwov3nBRDFARIsANgsdoHVtsG0uNg4fYOwG26r31fZSc9_7fLhBULZ_mXxSQK5VPfkM-oAZW4aAmY8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

There are no read write speeds that I can really find on this even on PNY website. Does anyone know a good estimate of the speeds?

If you just plan to use it as an installer USB the speed isn't all that important. It'll only act to speed up copying system files to the boot disk and that's but a small part of the installation process. Any cheap USB3.0 thumb drive should work well. I just use 2.0 and find them fast enough for the job.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Exactly. I bought a cheapo 8gb drive that always has Windows on it.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke