What is the Best Gaming Laptop under $1000?

What's the best (or a really good) gaming laptop that is under $1000?

I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop, but I'm not too adapt and knowledgeable about computers. 

I don't game too much on my laptop, but I'm looking for one that can run games off Steam/Battle Net and other MMO's. I'm probably still going to play most of my games on a console just because most of my friends do.

Games that I wanted to play on a laptop include League of Legends and any other MMO's (My current laptop literally can't run any at decent graphics).

I don't want to spend too much money on a laptop because I don't intend to game on it 24/7, so I'm trying to budget myself to one less than $1000.

Are you totally against getting a desktop? You can build a much better desktop for under $1000 than you could get an okay gaming laptop for especially if it's just a couple PC games you want to play.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 hours ago, tahmid10 said:

No preference on weight and battery life?

9 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

Acer Predator helios 300 is always a good cheap pick

Not the old models

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

23 hours ago, tahmid10 said:

I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop, but I'm not too adapt and knowledgeable about computers. 

I don't game too much on my laptop, but I'm looking for one that can run games off Steam/Battle Net and other MMO's. I'm probably still going to play most of my games on a console just because most of my friends do.

Games that I wanted to play on a laptop include League of Legends and any other MMO's (My current laptop literally can't run any at decent graphics).

I don't want to spend too much money on a laptop because I don't intend to game on it 24/7, so I'm trying to budget myself to one less than $1000.

The latest line of AMD laptops and nvidia 16 series laptops will be a good choice. The problem is they are still rolling out so it will take some time for you to find the one with best value but they are still many in this price range that are out.

Lenovo L340 - https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-i5-9300H-Processor-81LK000EUS/dp/B07R81FDRJ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lenovo+l340&qid=1560361702&s=gateway&sr=8-6https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-15-6-Inch-i7-9750H-Processor-81LK000EUS/dp/B07R6XPYKB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lenovo+l340&qid=1560361702&s=gateway&sr=8-2https://www.newegg.com/black-lenovo-ideapad-l340-81lk000pus-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834845009?Description=lenovo l340&cm_re=lenovo_l340-_-34-845-009-_-Product

20 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

Lenovo L340

Based on the old Ideapad 330 which has mediocre build quality and cooling

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Based on the old Ideapad 330 which has mediocre build quality and cooling

It's a below $1000 gaming laptop and he states he doesn't intend on playing on it 24/7 so he can go for something like that.

23 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Are you totally against getting a desktop? You can build a much better desktop for under $1000 than you could get an okay gaming laptop for especially if it's just a couple PC games you want to play.

I'm not totally against getting a desktop, I just didn't want to for 2 main reasons:

I have literally zero experience with the jargon behind desktop, let alone even building one. (I'm not even that tech savvy, I'm trying to get into it and starting with Youtubers like Linus and Bitwit. I posted my question here because I figured everyone else is knowledgeable about computers)

My second reason is that my current laptop is really old and I'm trying to replace it anyway. It's running 8-9 years old and has gotten really slow and clunky with weird glitches and stuff. I need a laptop anyway for school and work so I figured I could hit two birds with one stone.

But on that matter, do you know any preset desktops that go around for a good price under $1000? I'm not too keen on just purchasing the parts because I'm not tech savvy at all.

14 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

No preference on weight and battery life?

Not the old models

Somewhat light-weight and a decent battery life are definitely a plus considering I need to bring this laptop with me to school and work, but I have no problem with making sacrifices in those areas. My old laptop is already heavy and has a worn out battery (I've been using the same one for almost 9 years), so I'm pretty used to dealing with those disadvantages.

38 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

It's a below $1000 gaming laptop and he states he doesn't intend on playing on it 24/7 so he can go for something like that.

Sorry, I'm not too tech savvy; I get what the cons of a poor cooling system is, but what does it mean to have a poor build quality.

The options you gave me are really nice, do you think the jump from an i5 to an i7 makes the $950 prices worth considering since the i5 is $100 less? (assuming you'd want to budget yourself)

9 hours ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

It's a below $1000 gaming laptop

There are better models

9 hours ago, tahmid10 said:

but what does it mean to have a poor build quality.

chassis flex

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 6/12/2019 at 2:34 AM, tahmid10 said:

gaming laptop that is under $1000

Get something with a 1060 like Y530 81LB003MUS

Desktop specs:

Spoiler