Cryofuel & Aluminium

Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

Aluminium radiator fins are common. However its only the fins, not the internals. So long as the internals are not Aluminium aswell (which u can get) then its fine.

The only time you worry about metals is in regards to the metals that contact the coolant. The radiator fins do not contact the coolant.

Hey so i was just wondering if i can use EK-CryoFuel Solid Electric Purple on my loop that has copper plate on the cpu block and aluminium radiator finns? i didnt find anything saying no or yes but it has the corrosion tests that say its corrosion protected against aluminium and copper and such.

I believe rule 1 of custom loops is "do not mix metals". Even if the liquid is supposedly "anti-corrosion"

Though i wont say im a custom loop expert

What radiator is it ?Some are copper tubed but aluminum fins which is fine since the fins don't touch the coolant.Some rads are fully aluminum thats when your mixing metals and have problems.Easiest way to tell is look in the radiator parts do they look copper/brass?If they look silver metal then its a aluminum core rad.

Aluminium radiator fins are common. However its only the fins, not the internals. So long as the internals are not Aluminium aswell (which u can get) then its fine.

The only time you worry about metals is in regards to the metals that contact the coolant. The radiator fins do not contact the coolant.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |