Need Help With Writing a program

Hafiz75

Please can some help me write a program for the question below. I have tried my very best.

Question:

a. the user is asked how many lines of RLE compressed data they want to enter
b. the program should check that the number entered is greater than 2 and if it isn’t display a suitable error message and get the user to keep re-entering the number until it is valid
c. if the user entered a valid number, they then enter the compressed data one line at a time until they have entered the specified number of lines
d. once all the compressed data has been entered, the program decompresses the data and displays the ASCII art image

Code i have:

Split=(list(input("Enter string: ")))
            Split.append("")
            a = 0
            for i in range(len(Split)):
                try:
                    if (Split in Split) >0:
                        a = a + 1
                    if Split != Split[i+1]:
                        print(Split,a)
                        a = 0

except IndexError:
                    print()

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Mousepad: None | Speakers: Logitech Z333

You have to use code tags when posting code, click the <> button in the editor and paste your code into the box and insert it into post.

10 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

So what's the problem here? And do you have any sample inputs with their expected results?

Problem is that the code i have tried isnt doing whta i want it to do. I have tried my best spent 3 days but still cant get what the question wants me to do. i was asking for some help

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Mousepad: None | Speakers: Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Safeer Hafiz said:

Problem is that the code i have tried isnt doing whta i want it to do. I have tried my best spent 3 days but still cant get what the question wants me to do. i was asking for some help

Which part of the four things you listed does the program not do?

Pre-emptively I'm looking at this one:

once all the compressed data has been entered, the program decompresses the data and displays the ASCII art image

Which makes no sense to me taken as-is. I'm assuming the input is pre-determined for you and that's what you're entering?

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Which part of the four things you listed does the program not do?

Pre-emptively I'm looking at this one:

Which makes no sense to me taken as-is. I'm assuming the input is pre-determined for you and that's what you're entering?

at the moment i think it does nothing

1 minute ago, Safeer Hafiz said:

at the moment i think it does nothing

Then let's back up. Instead of trying to do everything, let's look at one item and make sure it works before working on the next one.

Please note since this looks like a homework assignment, I'm not going to provide you with any code that solves the problem. I may provide code that can be used, but it's up to you to figure out where it goes.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Then let's back up. Instead of trying to do everything, let's look at one item and make sure it works before working on the next one.

Please note since this looks like a homework assignment, I'm not going to provide you with any code that solves the problem. I may provide code that can be used, but it's up to you to figure out where it goes.

Yes please could you help me with that. Really would appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Safeer Hafiz said:

Yes please could you help me with that. Really would appreciate it.

So let's get this one started:

the user is asked how many lines of RLE compressed data they want to enter

This should help get you started: https://www.python-course.eu/python3_input.php (I'm also assuming this is Python 3 by the look of things)

13 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

This should help get you started: https://www.python-course.eu/python3_input.php (I'm also assuming this is Python 3 by the look of things)

rleline=int(input(“How many lines of RLE compressed data do you want?))

19 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

would that be right