Samsung 970 pro 512gb vs 970 plus 1tb

w33dhit

Hello !

I have purchased a 970 plus, 1 tb. I have this installed. Yesterday i ordered 970 pro 512gb, its on its way, it was expensive and after i ordered it i started googling evo plus vs evo pro etc and didnt find so much about them. or what i found ( and this was pretty varied ) many say the plus , wich is cheaper, is better than the pro... I mean , i thought pro was going to be superior to the plus version, but i am wrong apparently.. also mind you pro costs more, now i want this debunked... Anyone please help me with answering, is the samsung 970 plus 1 tb ( or 500gb but since i got the 1tb ) better than the 970 pro 512gb wich also is more expensive ????? if it is, i will return the pro and get another " plus " ..

Thanks !!!!! :)

Get the bigger one.

Plus/Pro ect..... doesn't worth over capacity

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

in terms of read/write speed and price per GB

970 pro > 970 evo plus > 970 evo

you don't need any of these for any regular task, unless you're editing 4k video or moving large files around often. a sata ssd works just as well and is tons cheaper

EDIT: DIDN'T REALISE THE PRO WAS SLOWER THAN THE EVO PLUS

i shoulda said , i really want the maximum uber speed because, the one partition will be for windows ofc. the other ONLY will be for heavily uber maximum modded skyrim with lotsa 4k mods.. so im thinking, the fastest one is pro then ? 500 gig is more than enough for skyrim cause i almost never got so much stuff on my pc ... " storage space " isnt that important, must be over 200gb though.

1 hour ago, w33dhit said:

i shoulda said , i really want the maximum uber speed because, the one partition will be for windows ofc. the other ONLY will be for heavily uber maximum modded skyrim with lotsa 4k mods.. so im thinking, the fastest one is pro then ? 500 gig is more than enough for skyrim cause i almost never got so much stuff on my pc ...

Yes fastest is pro, followed by evo plus, followed by evo.

a 860 evo will do completely fine with that, but if you really want a nvme drive then stick with the evo. if evo plus is a bit more expensive then get evo plus.

EDIT: Didn't realise the Evo Plus is actually faster than the Pro.

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Yes fastest is pro, followed by evo plus, followed by evo.

a 860 evo will do completely fine with that, but if you really want a nvme drive then stick with the evo. if evo plus is a bit more expensive then get evo plus.

alright then i will stick with the pro then :) Thank you for answer man !! price isnt that important i shoulda added too , was just thinking if plus was faster then pro, ofc i woulda returned the pro , thanks again !!!!! :)

You can just look at the specs:

970 PRO 512GB:

Seq write: Up to 2,300 MB/s

Seq read: Up to 3,500 MB/s

Ran read: Up to 370,000 IOPS

Ran write: Up to 500,000 IOPS

970 Evo Plus 1TB:

Seq write: Up to 3,300 MB/s

Seq read: Up to 3,500 MB/s

Ran read: Up to 600,000 IOPS

Ran Write: Up to 550,000 IOPS

The EVO Plus is faster for your needs, because games need random reads and writes.

Sources:

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970evoplus/

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970pro/

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

970 PRO 512GB:

970 Evo Plus 1TB:

The EVO Plus is faster for your needs, because games need random reads and writes.

Sources:

that was tbh exactly what i was thinking afterwards too im watching the comment section of a yt video now .... i dunno man... should i return this and get another evo plus instead ? or should i use the pro as OS drive ? also i saw that the pro had 600TBW and the plus 300TBW , i dunno what that is.... damn man....

13 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

that was tbh exactly what i was thinking afterwards too im watching the comment section of a yt video now .... i dunno man... should i return this and get another evo plus instead ? or should i use the pro as OS drive ? also i saw that the pro had 600TBW and the plus 300TBW , i dunno what that is.... damn man....

The PRO is made for Professional use. The TBW is the lifespan of the SSD, the Pro lasts 2x longer, but 200TBW is already a big amount of time.

For your use the 1TB Evo Plus for the same price would maybe be better as it is larger, but

using the PRO as a boot drive is also a good idea, because of how durable it is, it should last you 20 years or so.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

970 PRO 512GB:

970 Evo Plus 1TB:

Sources:

Oh I didn't know that, I asked the guy at my local shop about it and he told me Pro is faster than Evo Plus. My bad.

Just now, _d0nut said:

Oh I didn't know that, I asked the guy at my local shop about it and he told me Pro is faster than Evo Plus. My bad.

Well at the same size they would be, but op was comparing 512gb vs 1024gb.

Also the PRO ones mostly shine in their durability, because they use MLC instead of TLC; meaning a very long lifespan for the drive.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

The PRO is made for Professional use. The TBW is the lifespan of the SSD, the Pro lasts 2x longer, but 200TBW is already a big amount of time.

For your use the 1TB Evo Plus for the same price would maybe be better as it is larger, but

using the PRO as a boot drive is also a good idea, because of how durable it is, it should last you 20 years or so.

Isee, so in conclusion. The Samsung 970 pro is slightly slower than the 970 plus, but is more " durable ". In other words, its just going to last longer, like i buy a frozen pizza and its not good for eating after some months in a way.. So then i will get the pro as a windows installation, and plus as the game drive, correct ? 

3 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

Isee, so in conclusion. The Samsung 970 pro is slightly slower than the 970 plus, but is more " durable ". In other words, its just going to last longer, like i buy a frozen pizza and its not good for eating after some months in a way.. So then i will get the pro as a windows installation, and plus as the game drive, correct ? 

Yeah. I personally use a normal EVO for boot and games, it is already good enough, but if you have the extra money then why not.

PRO for windows, PLUS for games.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah. I personally use a normal EVO for boot and games, it is already good enough, but if you have the extra money then why not.

PRO for windows, PLUS for games.

Then its decided , thank you very much m8 ! :) looks like i wont be sending the pro back !

Just now, w33dhit said:

Then its decided , thank you very much m8 ! :) looks like i wont be sending the pro back !

Yeah the PRO is worth the money, but for games only i just couldn't see the point. But for boot/primary drive it is good, will last through many computers.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah the PRO is worth the money, but for games only i just couldn't see the point. But for boot/primary drive it is good, will last through many computers.

Thats real good to hear ! Hope they make something like a plus pro lol i would buy it asap

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

It looks like the PLUS version is the replacement model for the EVO.

Samsung's new 970 EVO Plus replaces the ever-popular 970 EVO as its mainstream NVMe SSD for tech enthusiasts, hardcore gamers, and professionals. Samsung equipped the SSD with its new V5 flash, which provides a nice bump in performance up to 3.5 GB/s of sequential read throughput. The drive also boasts hardware encryption support, a five-year warranty, and up to 1,200TBW of endurance. Better yet, it will land on shelves at the same price points as its predecessor. Overall, the 970 EVO Plus is one of the fastest SSDs we've tested

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-970-evo-plus-ssd,5608.html

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

Which country?

I live in norway :)