Cant boot with new NVMe storage..

Cemil2565
Go to solution Solved by Drak3,

Reinstall Windows with ONLY the NVMe drive installed.

10 likes to occassionally bork itself by installing the bootloader on a different drive.

I did add a new m.2 nvme and installed win10, after shutdown and unplugged old sata ssd ı cant boot idkwhy, do ı need to change the settings ? 

20190603_191612.jpg

20190603_191639.jpg

20190603_191652.jpg

20190603_191733.jpg

Try setting secure boot to disable...

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

3 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Try setting secure boot to disable...

Theres no disable option ??  I did select clear secure boot keys, it says disabled now but doesnt boot either :/

10 likes to occassionally bork itself by installing the bootloader on a different drive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Ok I will try reinstalling win 

Windows Setup will install its boot stuff on the first drive detected by the system (ignoring optical disk drive).

In your case, your motherboard treats SATA drives before the NVMe drive. So because you have a SATA drive, Windows Setup will make the boot partition and setup its boot manager on that SATA connected drive.

You have the same problem if you connect, say, your HDD on SATA-1 connector, and your SSD  on SATA-2, and you install Windows on your SSD. The HDD, which is the first drive, will get the boot partition. In this example, either the HDD needs to be unplugged, or the SATA cable swapped prior of installing Windows.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows Setup will install its boot stuff on the first drive detected by the system.

In your case, your motherboard treats SATA drives before the NVMe drive. So because you have a SATA drive, Windows Setup will make the boot partition and setup its boot manager on that SATA connected drive.

Do I need to delete or format it before next ? (Also delete partition1 ?)

20190603_193553.jpg

Delete and format Drive 0

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

Delete and format Drive 0

My files are in there, I want to install windows to drive 1 

1 hour ago, Cemil2565 said:

My files are in there, I want to install windows to drive 1 

You don't want to install windows in the Nvme drive?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to Storage Devices-

I deleted drive 1 completely and now installing windows 10 , (I ddnt touch drive 0 bcs my files are in there and I will not remove it any time from pc)

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

You don't want to install windows in the Nvme drive?

2 devices are nvme, I want it to 500gb model installed