Will I bottleneck?

If I get a Ryzen 2600 will it bottleneck my RTX 2070? Would it be best to wait for the Ryzen 3600 to avoid the bottleneck?
I'm playing at 1080p 144hz

Do you need to get the computer now? If not just wait for ryzen 2 and get that if you need it now just get this config and all will be fine.

1 minute ago, MegaMadness said:

If I get a Ryzen 2600 will it bottleneck my RTX 2070? Would it be best to wait for the Ryzen 3600 to avoid the bottleneck?

1. yes the Ryzen 5 would be the bottleneck here.

2. Wait for Ryzen Zen2 and then buy

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

There will be always some bottleneck. Some games will use your CPU more than others etc. But I think that both (processor and GPU) are fine.

1 hour ago, MegaMadness said:

If I get a Ryzen 2600 will it bottleneck my RTX 2070?

As @homeap5 mentioned, any PC you put together has some sort of bottleneck. Getting a Ryzen 5 2600 is an excellent CPU to use with a 2070. Just make sure you overclock that CPU to around 4.0 GHz(which will require a decent cooler for around $30 - $45 extra because the AMD stock cooler is garbage) and go with around two sticks of 8GB DDR4-2666 RAM and OC it to at least 2800/3000 as well. You can go with higher RAM speed to begin with if you are not on a budget.

If you don't plan to OC either your CPU or RAM, then it might be wise to go with 3000/3200 RAM and a Ryzen 5 2600X(allows 4.2 GHz out of box, but will need that better cooler).

2 hours ago, MegaMadness said:

Would it be best to wait for the Ryzen 3600 to avoid the bottleneck? I'm playing at 1080p 144hz

No reason whatsoever to wait on that.

6 hours ago, MegaMadness said:

You'll likely get 144+ FPS on all but the most recent or demanding titles on at least high settings, if that's what you're worried about.