Wet tv power supply cord

I have a television that's near the window in my living room. That day I went out and forgot to close the window and it rained a lot. It accumulated water under my furniture where the power cord of my tv is. I dried it up and turned on the TV but i realized that the image was no longer as clear as before.

Is it possible that by the power cord got wet the image quality has been affected? And do i need buy a new cable?

um no...a power cord would not effect image quality...something else is going on
did the rain get to the tv through the window? if the tv got wet that could effect it

Power cord being wet, and then being turned back on before completely dry could have very easily zapped something inside. Was it on a surge protector?

2 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Power cord being wet, and then being turned back on before completely dry could have very easily zapped something inside. Was it on a surge protector?

no no no the cord can be submerged it will not effect it. if the cord has cracks it will short and pop a breaker and then maybe hurt whats connected to it (maybe)
hell if thats all it took there is a lot of stuff ive used in the rain that would be messed up.