Im using evga 450 gd.. My complete configuration :

ryzen 5 2600

2x4gb ram

1 nvme m2 disk

1 hdd

1 pciexpress wlan

1 case fan

gpu r7 265

its working fine, until i buy used rx 580 4gb..

first try, after 1 hour gaming the gpu suddenly cant accept windows driver, its always bsod with thread stuck blablabla..

2nd try with diffrent rx 580 gpu, driver ok, play lol for 2 hour ok.. Then trying other games, when entering menu the pc suddenly powering off by itself. Tried powering on again, failed to start with 5 beep (no vga).. Guess gpu is dead..

my question: is it a bad used gpu or my psu is causing those thing? In saphire page requirement for rx580 is 500w while my psu is 450w.

I have buddies running 580 with 400w psu-s without issue, so, I'd bet on the GPU... You must be aware, that the TDP and heat output of RX580 can be pretty high, if left on factory preset voltages. And that extra voltage, heat will wear the card. That is why some regard it essential to undervolt AMD cards, because when left on stock, they run with unneccessary high values...

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

14 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I have buddies running 580 with 400w psu-s without issue, so, I'd bet on the GPU... You must be aware, that the TDP and heat output of RX580 can be pretty high, if left on factory preset voltages. And that extra voltage, heat will wear the card. That is why some regard it essential to undervolt AMD cards, because when left on stock, they run with unneccessary high values...

Hmm im guessing bad gpu too.. Im planning to return the card today.

For undervoltage maybe, but not for all amd card..

If I were you, I'd get a GTX1660. Costs roughly the same as a new 580, outperforms it and consumes much less power. And has vast OC abilites (though that'll certainly increase power consumption by a large margin)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

43 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

If I were you, I'd get a GTX1660. Costs roughly the same as a new 580, outperforms it and consumes much less power. And has vast OC abilites (though that'll certainly increase power consumption by a large margin)

Gtx 1660 around 330-350 usd in my country.. Thats out of my budget.

New rx 580 8gb is cheaper, 250-300 usd..

Im hunting used rx580 4gb, maybe ex mining. It sold 80-90ish usd. But its like a gamble, it only came with 3-14 days personal warranty.

I already refund the rx 580.. Now im back with my r7 265..

Weird thing is the problem is still there.. Now i can only enter normal win 10 with microsoft basic adapter (with somekind artifact). If i install amd driver, display became blank and my pc is useless.

Man this is suck.. Its a 1 week holiday, my gaming week is ruined.

So now whats the culprit for this problem?

Bad psu (2 month evga 450gd)

Bad gpu slot (2 month asrock b450)

Bad gpu... Again.. (5 years R7 265, i used this flawlessly before trying to swap it to rx 580)