Gta 5 wont launch

so i spend the last 2 days downloading gta to get a  MFREADWRITE.DLL error i allready had to go into windows and change some stuff in the regedit. i heard gta needs windows media player but my version doesnt come with it nor wants me to install it its really stupid that iam having this error but i just want to play a game. 

Specs? Where did you download it from? Is this for story mode or online?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Specs? Where did you download it from? Is this for story mode or online?

i got it from the rockstar store and its straight out not launching and my setup is a rx460 2gb 8gb ram windows 10 pro N and a amd X4 840

7 minutes ago, Kory said:

i got it from the rockstar store and its straight out not launching and my setup is a rx460 2gb 8gb ram windows 10 pro N and a amd X4 840

Try downloading it from Steam.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Why did you install Windows 10 N and not the regular version? If it does need media components, then you'll need to find a hack that adds them back, but they might not exist for your particular locale.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Try downloading it from Steam.

You need to buy it on steam to download it from there. Can't activate a Rockstar version on Steam either.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Why did you install Windows 10 N and not the regular version? If it does need media components, then you'll need to find a hack that adds them back, but they might not exist for your particular locale.

well i never used them so i never needed them and the few gigs of space are allways handy how should have i known that a game needs these things ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You need to buy it on steam to download it from there. Can't activate a Rockstar version on Steam either.

yep i do not have a steam version because it was just cheaper

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I didn't even notice that part lol.

That's your problem, OP.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Kory said:

well i never used them so i never needed them and the few gigs of space are allways handy how should have i known that a game needs these things ?‍♂️

The only reason N exists is because of EU legislation. It's not a "W10 Lite" if you will.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

The only reason N exists is because of EU legislation. It's not a "W10 Lite" if you will.

ooh so is there any way to get around it or do i just need to reinstall 

3 minutes ago, Kory said:

ooh so is there any way to get around it or do i just need to reinstall 

Download the feature pack for your OS from

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

Install it and you're good to go.

Winkey & R > Winver > Enter to find your Windows build.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)