3d Printers for Wargaming

Moress

Hello all!

My brother and I recently got back into Wargaming (Warhammer 40k specifically) and have been thinking about getting a 3d printer so we can print out our own terrain and perhaps some bits and bobs for our models.

I know basically nothing about 3d printers and this was the first place I thought to ask for a general run down.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a 3d printer that is accurate enough to print terrain that size and is ~$300-500?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

-= Moved to Hobby Electronics =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

detailed small 3d prints usually require a more expensive printer unless u want to build it from scratch and dont mind modding. the anet a8 is okish stock but after a few mods and replaced parts its really decent. should be within ur budget aswell 

On 5/29/2019 at 4:51 PM, Moress said:

Hello all!

My brother and I recently got back into Wargaming (Warhammer 40k specifically) and have been thinking about getting a 3d printer so we can print out our own terrain and perhaps some bits and bobs for our models.

I know basically nothing about 3d printers and this was the first place I thought to ask for a general run down.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a 3d printer that is accurate enough to print terrain that size and is ~$300-500?

I've had good results with a Lulzbot Taz 6.  Expect to spend a bit more or you'll probably grow out of it pretty quick.  Buy once, cry once.