Laptop outputs to external sometimes internal display

Dudefoxlive

Hello, I recently acquired a Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4030 laptop and at first I thought it was not completing POST. After some testing I determined that it is completing POST but it continues to output to the external VGA screen even when no display is connected to it. I can sometimes get it to output to the internal screen but there's one problem. It never stays. Once it outputs to the Internal its perfectly fine. Stays on that display as long as the machine is powered on. Once the machine is rebooted it outputs to the external AGAIN. This is really annoying as I don't want to have to connect a display to the machine just to use it. I did some googling and apparently there's a problem with the GPU on this series of machine. But how do I know if this machine is affected? I don't believe it is considering that it outputs to an external but what should I try to determine what the actual problem is?  The computer works perfectly fine other than the display issue.

22 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Seems to be a driver issue. I would suggest reinstalling the GPU drivers. You can find them on Toshiba's website.

Oh I forgot to mention it does it on the BIOS as well. I tried updating the BIOS to the latest as well.

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Then you may have a faulty screen, while GPU is still working (thats why external port works)

This is my thought as well but heres the thing. If I change a setting in the BIOS to display to internal it works for about 15 minuets before the problem reoccurs. I thought maybe its the cable but no amount of flexing or moving the screen changes it. Once it outputs to internal it is fine until the system is rebooted. So I don't know what to think.