V-moda M-100, Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Closed Headphones in the same price class

TheLazyGrizzly
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

I'd vote Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro over an M50 or a Crossfade LP, but I'd pick the M-100 in a heartbeat.

Thank you i guess xD

But that's the thing, even after normal tax plus import tax its cheaper to order from the US than ordering from UK for me.

Nice, I'd buy more from Us if I could figure out what things I don't need to pay taxes for. Problem is some stores won't ship outside US. Like Amazon. Com :(

Nice, I'd buy more from Us if I could figure out what things I don't need to pay taxes for. Problem is some stores won't ship outside US. Like Amazon. Com :(

You could always get a 'Murican to send you a "gift"

Hmm, think i understand but just incase do explain :)

There are no taxes on receiving gifts, so someone could send it to you after buying it in US

There are no taxes on receiving gifts, so someone could send it to you after buying it in US

ooooh then i just have to send the payment for the Product and shiping cost. Me like. 

All i have to do is find a Murican that wants to go trough all the hassle though :P

HOT DAMN, Amazon.com has an 60% outlet now! That timing!

EDIT: ...musical INSTRUMENTS..."sigh"

All i have to do is find a Murican that wants to go trough all the hassle though :P

More important to find someone you trust than someone willing.

More important to find someone you trust than someone willing.

Haha yeah that too.

EDIT: aaah darn i saw the DT 880´s and now i dont knoooooooooow. 

Edit2: i blame this guy: http://www.head-fi.org/t/526839/dt880-vs-dt990-comparison-reviewI

Edit3: and i didnt understand him at all :D

Edit4: @ShearMe whats your take on 880´s vs 990´s ? the guys says the 880s are better and i think he claims they are Less overpowered on the bass and treble..and the HD 650(and cost more) to be better then both..

Edit5: Sound Signature, is that the "open feeling" im looking for? 

Edit6: i found some Sennheiser 650HD refurbished for $354.99!

Edit7: ooh nooo, i just read about the T1´s !....ok nevermind those cost too much (still can afford but its abit to high end for a noob like me right now)

I see you still here CatCloud  ;)

Oh well i saw a guy with the M-100 yesterday when i was downtown and did an awkward talk about that i was thinking about buying them but couldn't find a place to try them  :lol:

But he allowed me to try them for 6-8 min listening before he had to go, but really with the tracks i heard the sound was perfect and the few tracks where the Bass was a bit too much i just used a Bass reduce EQ feature on my phone and it sounded amazing imo  :P So im ending up with the M-100, now i just have to make or find a custom design since it looks like that's included in the price.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Haha yeah that too.

EDIT: aaah darn i saw the DT 880´s and now i dont knoooooooooow.

Edit2: i blame this guy: http://www.head-fi.org/t/526839/dt880-vs-dt990-comparison-reviewI

Edit3: and i didnt understand him at all :D

Edit4: @ShearMe whats your take on 880´s vs 990´s ? the guys says the 880s are better and i think he claims they are Less overpowered on the bass and treble..and the HD 650(and cost more) to be better then both..

Edit5: Sound Signature, is that the "open feeling" im looking for?

Edit6: i found some Sennheiser 650HD refurbished for $354.99!

Edit7: ooh nooo, i just read about the T1´s !....ok nevermind those cost too much (still can afford but its abit to high end for a noob like me right now)

880's are indeed more flat in their frequency response. The T1 is similar sounding, but it has some volume advantages due to the orthodynamic driver, and it's hella comfortable (the only thing expensive headphones have going for them, imo).

My favorite headphone is the HD 650, but not everyone likes the Sennheiser sound just as I don't like Beyerdynamic's. If you want an "HD 650" it is best to eBay search for HD 580, 600, and 650 as the drivers are the same. Minor sound variations due to enclosures and tuning tweaks depending when they were made, but compared to other headphones they might as well be the same. Additionally, the 500 series sounds close to the same... close, but the build is more plasticky. Buy used, because they're fairly durable and parts are replaceable. I like broken-in pads better, personally, and have hand washed my pre-used pads using light soap with nice results more than once.

Open headphones typically sound more airy and have a wider soundstage, there's really no other way to describe it. Closed headphones need to be tuned more because the enclosure imposes impedance variations a sound reflections that aren't as present in open headphones. There's a lot more R&D that goes into headphones than people realize, so don't just assume one type of headphone is always better than the other.

880's are indeed more flat in their frequency response. The T1 is similar sounding, but it has some volume advantages due to the orthodynamic driver, and it's hella comfortable (the only thing expensive headphones have going for them, imo).

My favorite headphone is the HD 650, but not everyone likes the Sennheiser sound just as I don't like Beyerdynamic's. If you want an "HD 650" it is best to eBay search for HD 580, 600, and 650 as the drivers are the same. Minor sound variations due to enclosures and tuning tweaks depending when they were made, but compared to other headphones they might as well be the same. Additionally, the 500 series sounds close to the same... close, but the build is more plasticky.

Open headphones typically sound more airy and have a wider soundstage, there's really no other way to describe it. Closed headphones need to be tuned more because the enclosure imposes impedance variations a sound reflections that aren't as present in open headphones. There's a lot more R&D that goes into headphones than people realize, so don't just assume one type of headphone is always better than the other.

And i guess Semi open like 880´s are a touch of both worlds, hmm.

btw why is there such a price difference on the 580-600-650 if the drivers are the same? (Hmm nevermind, maters not). Ew for plasticy. guess 600 or 650 is the way to go or DT 990/880´s.

Hmmm....i wonder if i bought Mayflower´s Combo Unit he could be the "Murican to send you a "gift" " guy :) IF i dont go with the Ebay option.

Think ill go with the HD650´s because i do know Sennheiser is good. and iv used there "less impressive" products (MM550 and PC360) and liked them :)

Edit: mwahahha maybe i should get the HD 800´s Next year ones i understand Audio more :D but yeah, one step at a time.

And i guess Semi open like 880´s are a touch of both worlds, hmm.btw why is there such a price difference on the 580-600-650 if the drivers are the same? (Hmm nevermind, maters not). Ew for plasticy. guess 600 or 650 is the way to go or DT 990/880´s.

Hmmm....i wonder if i bought Mayflower´s Combo Unit he could be the "Murican to send you a "gift" " guy :) IF i dont go with the Ebay option.Think ill go with the HD650´s because i do know Sennheiser is good. and iv used there "less impressive" products (MM550 and PC360) and liked them :)

FYI, the PC 360 uses 558 drivers, so if you go with a 600 series it'll sound similar but with more detail and refinement.

When Sennheiser made the 580, I don't think they realized how much of a success it would be. They made the 600 when they did realize it, using better materials in the build, like metal mesh grills instead of plastic. The 650 is a 600 refresh, with nicer styling in some opinions, and tweaking to the grill between your ear and the driver to improve certain sound characteristics in Sennheiser's opinion at least. Some people claim to prefer the 600's sound, but having never heard the 600 I think it is all within manufacturing tolerances. Some things are more expensive just cuz, but they all sell for roughly the same when used (250-350 in my estimation).

FYI, the PC 360 uses 558 drivers, so if you go with a 600 series it'll sound similar but with more detail and refinement.

When Sennheiser made the 580, I don't think they realized how much of a success it would be. They made the 600 when they did realize it, using better materials in the build, like metal mesh grills instead of plastic. The 650 is a 600 refresh, with nicer styling in some opinions, and tweaking to the grill between your ear and the driver to improve certain sound characteristics in Sennheiser's opinion at least. Some people claim to prefer the 600's sound, but having never heard the 600 I think it is all within manufacturing tolerances. Some things are more expensive just cuz, but they all sell for roughly the same when used (250-350 in my estimation).

Thanks ones again mate! HD 600/650 it is! :D

Edit: Bah Ebay ain´t much helpful. that shipping + Import cost, i might as well buy it over here for similar price and less hassle.

Problem solved.

and NOW im gone! (with the wind)