What do you want to see in X570?

I hope Asus brings out a TUF sabertooth design for my white pc :3

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

TUF branded boards have a lot of issues lately.

As in what?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

IIRC overall quality of them has gone downhill.  It's another case of where ASUS uses branding over quality lately.  The VRMs are one example of this and pretty sure buildzoid has been giving them shit over it.

That's a shame. Isn't the idea that they use server grade parts?

I think they are treating it as the red headed step child to ROG

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

They were fine up until around Z87 and were doing what was advertised, but ASUS kinda got greedy with a lot of their brands and started cheaping out on them.  Even some of their high branded boards have been suffering quality issues due to their greed.  I didn't exactly cover them on the tier list, but did link this to the two people who covered ASUS.  

Hmm. I won't be upgrading right at launch, so I'll wait to see what's what.

But that is disappointing.. I like Asus and their bios layout.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

ASRock and MSI usually have the better Ryzen boards, but ASUS usually has one good really high end one, a few overpriced ones on the high end, but Gigabyte has a lot of good boards under the AORUS branding.  I like the Taichis personally.  Tomahawk and Pro Carbon are probably the 2 best mid ranges.

I would be surprised if they got lazy with their am4 boards with x570. It's far from an afterthought with all the cpu anticipation.

What do you like about the Taichis?

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, on x399/Ryzen TR it has the best VRMs that's not a fake EATX board.  On the x470 the VRMs are pretty great too.  ASUS's on par boards usually go for over 200 on the non-workstation side.  My only beef is the excessive bios layout.  Like, it's nice that they organized it into collapsing folders, but still they went a tad overboard with it.  ASUS has been somewhat lazy and/or ovrpricing for quality since like zen+.  They did, for awhile, have the best B350 midrange option.  I think MSI took the crown from them, though. 

I'll have to keep an eye on buildzoids reviews. Kind of wondering about the chipset needing it's own fan

I would like usb4 front panel connectors (it has thunderbolt built in), but sadly we probably won't see that until x670, or the next socket on amd.

I will probably get an Asus VIII board, or Gigabyte Aorus.

MSI has slow boot problems(it takes 30 secs for my computer with ssd to boot up, while on my previous motherboard it was 5),

Asrock has Taichi line, that seems decent.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

i wish to not have a price range of $200 and have a decent heatsink (of course build quality also).