Nintendo stocks going up

XTankSlayerX

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/23/five-reasons-why-nintendos-stock-is-surging/

Seems like the roumors and other things are helping?

Might be a good time to invest in nintendo :P

(Cant find original source, on my ipad atm.

WiiU sales have picked up a lot during the holidays. It didn't reach Nintendo initial goals (due to numerous delays of their games pushing them to 2014). and the PS4/XBox one lunch. The WiiU will pick up in 2014. Will it be a grand recovery? No. EA won't support it that's for sure, no mater what, or until Nintendo changes its online infrastructure to Origin (like if that will happen, everyone will ditch the WiiU if that occurs). 3DS is going strong, and the WiiU, so far, is doing better than the GameCube.

I think what Nintendo will do, is just change the direction of the console. More hardcore? New advertisement style? Who knows. But what they are doing is simply not working, despite being a fine console.

No Nintendo will NOT release a new console. Why? Because that is what lead to the failure of Sega. They released too many console add-ons and consoles, in a row, that people simply decided to wait, and not buy as you always had something new on the way... I mean it's expensive 300$ for a few month, then something new comes out.. another 300$... and again a few month another 300$... makes no sense. Dreamcast didn't sale, because people expected Dreamcast rev 2 or something. Plus Sony excellent marketing, made most people decided to ditch the panicking Sega.

It's always best to work with what you have. Games is what is important, not graphics. (mind you that the majority of Nintendo games runs on the WiiU at 60Hz, while PS4/XBox One are back with 30Hz, despite using technologies known to devs, I find that a but funny and sad at the same time. Hopefully that will change, 'cause it just doesn't make much sense)

WiiU sales have picked up a lot during the holidays. It didn't reach Nintendo initial goals (due to numerous delays of their games pushing them to 2014). and the PS4/XBox one lunch. The WiiU will pick up in 2014. Will it be a grand recovery? No. EA won't support it that's for sure, no mater what, or until Nintendo changes its online infrastructure to Origin (like if that will happen, everyone will ditch the WiiU if that occurs). 3DS is going strong, and the WiiU, so far, is doing better than the GameCube.

I think what Nintendo will do, is just change the direction of the console. More hardcore? New advertisement style? Who knows. But what they are doing is simply not working, despite being a fine console.

No Nintendo will NOT release a new console. Why? Because that is what lead to the failure of Sega. They released too many console add-ons and consoles, in a row, that people simply decided to wait, and not buy as you always had something new on the way... I mean it's expensive 300$ for a few month, then something new comes out.. another 300$... and again a few month another 300$... makes no sense. Dreamcast didn't sale, because people expected Dreamcast rev 2 or something. Plus Sony excellent marketing, made most people decided to ditch the panicking Sega.

It's always best to work with what you have. Games is what is important, not graphics. (mind you that the majority of Nintendo games runs on the WiiU at 60Hz, while PS4/XBox One are back with 30Hz, despite using technologies known to devs, I find that a but funny and sad at the same time. Hopefully that will change, 'cause it just doesn't make much sense)

Don't ever expect Nintendo distributing their products within Origin or any store which isn't theirs, or even on PC in general.

Nintendo is an exclusivity kept exclusive, and that's not a bad thing for a company to do to stay alive within harder times.

I do expect Nintendo to be recovering if they focus more on innovation in the future.

Of course. EA wanted, in exchange for their knowledge in online system with Nintendo, and of course, money, That the WiiU entire infrastructure run on Origin system, using Nintendo server, and profits goes to EA ('cause it's their system). So in other words, Nintendo did a bad decision to ask EA for help, and they are paying the price. The good news is that Nintendo doesn't need EA to be successful. The bad news is that it looks bad.

Nintendo should have check that EA was the worst company in America and why. Maybe should have went with Activition. But I think Nintendo will either buy companies or try their best to hire experts for the next console 4-5 years from now.

Whooo! Im not surpised it went back up, but whats this stuff about nintendo running on origin?

Whooo! Im not surpised it went back up, but whats this stuff about nintendo running on origin?

During the development of the WiiU console, Nintendo wanted to greatly improve it's online infrastructure, 'cause the original Wii one, was worst than the PC old school IP address sharing method for online play (ok not that bad).

So they needed help. Something that all console manufactures do, is talk with big developers to see what they want on the console, and then picks what they think is best and work on those features and core abilities.

Sadly, Nintendo realized that they don't have the expertise  to build it. So, they went to EA for help.. and by help... I mean not free, of course. Nintendo pays employees at EA + extra fees, to get some of their time to help them out.

Everything was going smooth for both. Then EA CEO at the time had this brilliant idea... they came to Nintendo, and said, well you know what, all the work you have done is still not good enough compared to the competition (Note that Nintendo was going with free service, not a paying one, and safe family friendly. Basically, while it does have a Skype-like service, for in game chat, you use a publicly opened forum, and could chat in text form to friends. You can access either at any time while gaming. Same for the console built-in web browser (which is damn good, for a console.. full HTML5 support at well), where you can access that in game. Pretty nice, and easy to read as you use the gamepad screen to read). So, adding to this claim by EA to Nintendo, EA said, you've got our help, and willing to help you even more... we want us to put full Origin online system running, and not all your work you've done. It will use Nintendo servers, and we (EA) will manage all this. As we will be managing it, we will control and take the majority of profits of sales.

Nintendo obviously refused. And instead of ending it here. EA 'cancelled' development of their games for the WIiU (basically rushed released, no optimization, buggy as hell, and over priced, as they are old games). Even before console sales starts, it had many of it's developers and developers from studios it publishes, pushed to come out and say how sucky the WiiU is, even if the never worked on any WiiU game, let alone have a WiiU dev kit, and EA refused to make any games on the console, nor publish any games for this console.

In other words, EA is banning Nintendo. This is probably a life time ban, until EA is actually hurt by it, and investors pushes the company to unbanned Nintendo to bring in additional profits.

Of course, the story is not official. It only a regroupement of leaks and little info from devs. So perhaps we don't have the entire story, or some information is wrong, but based on my close following of the WiiU development console leaks, and after its release, lead me to the above as a conclusion. While its unclear what exactly happened What is clear with everyone conclusions is that EA and Nintendo are not going along together at all, and Nintendo refusal for Origin was part of the reason.

During the developement of the WiiU console, Nintendo wanted to greatly improve it's online infrastructure, 'cause the original Wii one, was worst than the PC old school IP address sharing method for online play (ok not that bad).

So they help. Something that all console manufactures do, is talk with big developers to see what they want on the console, and then picks what they think is best and work on those features and core abilities.

Sadly, Nintendo realized that they don't have the experitise  to build it. So, they went to EA for help.. and by help... I mean not free, of course. Nintendo pays employees at EA + extra fees, to get some of their time to help them out.

Everything was going smooth for both. Then EA CEO at the time had this brilliant idea... they come to Nintendo, and said, well you know what, all the work you have done is still not good enough compared to the competition (Note that Nintendo was going with free service, not a paying one, and safe familly friendly. Basically, while it does have a Skype-like service, for in game chat, you use a publiclly opened forum, and could chat in text form to friends. You can access either at any time while gaming. Same for the console built-in web browser (which is damn good, for a console.. full HTML5 support at well). Pretty nice, and easy to read as you use the gamepad screen to read). So, adding to this claim by EA to Nintendo, EA said, you've got our help, and willing to help you even more... we want us to put full Origin online system running, and not all your work you;ve done. It will use Nintendo servers, and we (EA) will manage all this. As we will be managing it, we will control and take the majority of profits.

Nintendo obviously refused. And instea dof ending it here. EA 'cancelled' developement of their games for the WIiU (basically rushed released, no optimization, buggy as hell, and over priced, as they are old games). Even before console sales starts, it had many of it's developers and developers form studios it publishes, to come out and say how sucky the WiiU is, even if the never worked on any WiiU game, let alone have a WiiU dev kit, and EA refused to make any games on the console, nor publish any games for this console.

in other words, EA is banning Nintendo. This is poorbably a life time ban, until EA is actually hurt by it, and investors pushes the company to unbanned Nintendo to bring in additional profits.

Ahh ok o wells, did EA have any good exclusive game on the Wii? I know how the Wii U system works as I have one I just wish there was better integration between the Wii U and 3DS/2DS. Also they really should have your purchases on an account or something because they are locked to your account on your wii U, you link it to your nintendo account anyway. I mean the least they could do is freaking eamil you your receipt as that your only real proof you bought the game.

Ahh ok o wells, did EA have any good exclusive game on the Wii? I know how the Wii U system works as I have one I just wish there was better integration between the Wii U and 3DS/2DS. Also they really should have your purchases on an account or something because they are locked to your account on your wii U, you link it to your nintendo account anyway. I mean the least they could do is freaking eamil you your receipt as that your only real proof you bought the game.

Well there's 2 different accounts, Club Nintendo and Network ID. Can't you download games you bought through linking Club Nintendo, or is it only Network ID?

I thought Nintendo would figure out linking accounts to the hardware is just stupid from the Wii, but baby steps.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Well there's 2 different accounts, Club Nintendo and Network ID. Can't you download games you bought through linking Club Nintendo, or is it only Network ID?

I thought Nintendo would figure out linking accounts to the hardware is just stupid from the Wii, but baby steps.

well you have to have both linked for each to work. You need network ID and if you want rewards need club nintendo.

the accounts are linked yo uyou account on the console but you games are linked to the accont on the console too not the accounts you linked to the console and your only proof that you bought a game shows up on the gamepad when you click receipt. I had issues with my Wii and lost probably $150-$200 worth of virtual console games back in the day so now I take pic's of that receipt with my phone since it quick and dirty. i mean the least they could do is send you a email with a receipt since they require it for the purchase.

Considering how many 3ds' they sell i'm not suprised

Myself and 2 of my friends all got some over christmas so I agree with this.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball