aribkhan

im wanting to upgrade an old dell pre-built 

the parts that im gonna put in

gt 1030 

core 2 quad 9650

250 gb hdd

2x 4 gb ram

and a dvd drive  

I have a 235 w psu in this thing and was wanting to ask if i could run all of this on this psu,

PS: i have made other pcs and using the coolermaster psu calculator isnt useful as the values it gives are highly inflated , so i wanted to ask for sum human experience with this kinda stuff.

Thanks in advance : ) 

8 minutes ago, aribkhan said:

I have a 235 w psu in this thing and was wanting to ask if i could run all of this on this psu,

Can you please post a photo of the label on the PSU?

What are you planning on using the system for?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, aribkhan said:

Yep, that's plenty for that system

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Personal experience with upgrading Dell prebuilts (Optiplex 755, 360, 990) is that it has always worked fine (on one I doubled the TDP of the CPU, installed 4x2GB of DDR2 RAM, and used a GT 220 or HD 6570 2GB without any problems. I'm pretty sure I recognise the 235W PSU you have - should be fine. :) Upgrading the PSU is slightly more difficult too, as these Dell motherboards sometimes have different 20 pin motherboard power layouts, so you would maybe need to repin the 20 pin motherboard power cable. The form factor is akso often different, so be careful with that if upgrading your PSU.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

22 hours ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Personal experience with upgrading Dell prebuilts (Optiplex 755, 360, 990) is that it has always worked fine (on one I doubled the TDP of the CPU, installed 4x2GB of DDR2 RAM, and used a GT 220 or HD 6570 2GB without any problems. I'm pretty sure I recognise the 235W PSU you have - should be fine. :) Upgrading the PSU is slightly more difficult too, as these Dell motherboards sometimes have different 20 pin motherboard power layouts, so you would maybe need to repin the 20 pin motherboard power cable. The form factor is akso often different, so be careful with that if upgrading your PSU.

i cant upgrade the psu as my pc case is small and the psu is not standard shape or size, thanks for the info :)