Best pc upgrade under 80 USD?

This is my pc rn: 

Ryzen 5 1600

Stock cooler (wraith spire)

Asrock B450 Steel Legend ATX

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000mhz (White)

Western Digital 1TB HDD 7200 RPM

Kingston A400 120gb m.2 ssd

Sapphire rx 590 8gb Nitro+

Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered Glass White ATX mid Tower

Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver Modular 

I was thinking about maybe a better cooler.

I'd probably upgrade the SSD to something like a mx500 500gb m2, or a 660p

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Personally, I'd go for a new cooler and get a nice overclock going on that, but if you want to go with a new SSD that's also a good choice

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

New cooler, save up for a 1TB SSD.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You won't see a massive jump in speed moving from M.2 Sata to M.2 NVMe unless you transfer a shite ton of big files on and off of it constantly.  The files your computer reads to boot aren't really big enough to stretch the legs on an NVMe.  Go with the cooler.  Find a nice little Ryzen OC guide.  Be happy.  Also check the card clearance on the front.  You may find you can squeeze a 280mm AIO in there (It won't fit in the top of a Meshify C)

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Its a nicely balanced system. How much free space do you have left on your Kingston SSD?

15 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

But game load times can be sped up, and OP will have a lot more drive space as he/she is currently using a low-end Kingston 120GB SATA M.2 SSD. 

Yeah but you're talking about MAYBE halving a what?? 20 second load time??  I've got GTA IV (modded to the tits) on a Sata 2.5" ssd and it takes less than 20 seconds to go from the menu into the game.  Personally i don't think that's worth spunking the 80 bucks on IMO

Edit:

Scratch that i didn't realise he was running his games off the HDD

I would still get the cooler though

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

OP

You could get yourself a 500Gb Sata (2.5") ssd for around fifty bucks and have it as a second steam drive like i do with my 2.5 ssd 

I'd recommend buying either a new cooler (such as an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO) or a 500GB/1TB SSD. In my opinion the SSD would be the better buy.

8 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Kingston SUV300, 400, A400 are all drives I've worked with, and I noticed they rapidly slow down after a bit of usage. If you were to benchmark you'd hit nowhere near the 400-500mbps expected speed in read/write. 

Though they're a good value (cheapest SSD's on the market currently) the performance is not on par. https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/229920/KINGSTON-SA400S37120G Average speeds of user benchmarks of the A400 120GB vary from 250-350mbps. 

But what you're suggesting with this statement is he start installing his steam games on his boot drive.  I have 100Mbit internet here and i wouldn't do this if it was the last little space on my comp

12 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Your 60GB GTAV

I said IV not V less then 20GB with all the trimmings ;) 

2 hours ago, Bearmann said:

Its a nicely balanced system. How much free space do you have left on your Kingston SSD?

barely any probs about 20gb. I put most of my games on it and of course windows, I wish I spent a little more on at least a 256 but live and learn. its my first build so I won't make this mistake again.

4 hours ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Personally, I'd go for a new cooler and get a nice overclock going on that, but if you want to go with a new SSD that's also a good choice

I tend to agree with this. You could grab something like an ESports DUO and a 480GB SSD for $80ish.

NVMe is great and all, but it's not a boost to gaming performance. This 480GB can hold your special titles and improve those load times, take some weight off of your boot drive, and really you're not writing much data to it. I would personally front a few extra bucks for the Crucial BX500.

Do also note that an M.2 removes use of a couple SATA slots. On the Steel legend, there does appear to still be sufficient SATAs to keep your 2 current drives if you did go that route.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Cooler ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler $39.99 @ Amazon
Storage ADATA - SU655 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $47.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $87.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-23 22:57 EDT-0400  

1 hour ago, chi_chi_ said:

barely any probs about 20gb. I put most of my games on it and of course windows, I wish I spent a little more on at least a 256 but live and learn. its my first build so I won't make this mistake again.

For all practical purposes, that SSD is filled. All HDD's and SSD's work better and faster when there is plenty of empty space on them. Try to limit them to 80% fill at maximum, but less is better. I would consider one of these SSD's. The MX500 is mainstream SATA, the Intel is budget NVMe, and the Adata is high end NVMe. Since you have only one M.2 slot left, I'd probably get one of the NVMe drives. Make it your C Drive and put your games on it. Use your HDD for data, e.g. photos, videos, documents, etc. If you have to reformat your C-drive due to corruption, your data will be unaffected. Just re-load Windows and your programs and you are back in business. Maybe use the old Kingston drive for data which you access frequently.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/fgZFf7,6YtQzy,kVzkcf/