First build. Need tutorials.

I am about to build my first desktop pc. I didnt order most things yet, but i am starting to order the components or buy them at local stores.

What are some good videos on how to build a pc? I am a first-timer.

What i have found so far and i am currently watching.

How to build a PC by Bitwit

Avoiding Common PC Building Traps by some random guy.

For anyone interested the build is:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 (i am not spending one dollar more in the build for now)

GPU: iGame RTX 2060 Ultra

RAM: 2 x 8 GB HyperX Predator 3200MHz 

Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Case: Corsair MX330

PSU: Corsair RM650X (They didnt have 550W)

Coolers: 2 x CoolerMaster Sickleflow X 120mm

12 minutes ago, Cholax said:

What are some good videos on how to build a pc? I am a first-timer.

Jayztwocents is also informative, but you can come here and ask questions for assistance if you're stuck

12 minutes ago, Cholax said:

GPU: iGame RTX 2060 Ultra

How much is that GPU? i'm seeing it for 400$+ which is terribly priced for an RTX 2060, aim for the 350$ one instead and upgrade the motherboard, otherwise everything else looks great

Although i have to mention that Ryzen 3000 is gonna be announced next monday

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

just don't use the verge for it...

But how's he going to know how much thermal paste to put on? The amount on the stock cooler is never enough~

Just now, celerystruct said:

But how's he going to know how much thermal paste to put on? The amount on the stock cooler is never enough~

IcyDimpledCanadagoose-size_restricted.gi

2 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Jayztwocents is also informative, but you can come here and ask questions for assistance if you're stuck

Great, thanks.

How much is that GPU? i'm seeing it for 400$+ which is terribly priced for an RTX 2060, aim for the 350$ one instead and upgrade the motherboard, otherwise everything else looks great

It is 445us but it is cheaper than every other option where i live. I am not from US, everything here has importations fees + shipping. This is the cheapest option i found in the market. Every other option was at least 100us more expensive.

Why would i upgrade the motherboard? Isnt the B450M enough?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

Although i have to mention that Ryzen 3000 is gonna be announced next monday

I will buy the CPU after i get everything else. So i estimate at least 2 weeks more. But i doubt the Ryzen 3000 will be cheaper or will get to my country anytime soon.

17 minutes ago, Cholax said:

It is 445us but it is cheaper than every other option where i live. I am not from US, everything here has importations fees + shipping. This is the cheapest option i found in the market. Every other option was at least 100us more expensive.

Oh in that case it's fine, I thought you're overpaying for it

Why would i upgrade the motherboard? Isnt the B450M enough?

It's not about the Chipset, just that particular motherboard is very mediocre at best, you can definitely get something much better for the money, but it should be fine for the Ryzen 5 2600 though, performance will be exactly the same, but it might struggle with overclocking or when it's time to upgrade to a more power hungry CPU, look for the Asrock B450M Pro4, if it has a similar price to that Gigabyte board, then get it instead, otherwise just keep your current configuration as it is

I will buy the CPU after i get everything else. So i estimate at least 2 weeks more. But i doubt the Ryzen 3000 will be cheaper or will get to my country anytime soon.

Maybe you won't get Ryzen 3000 in time, but there might be price drops for Ryzen 2000

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

19 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

It's not about the Chipset, just that particular motherboard is very mediocre at best, you can definitely get something much better for the money, but it should be fine for the Ryzen 5 2600 though, performance will be exactly the same, but it might struggle with overclocking or when it's time to upgrade to a more power hungry CPU, look for the Asrock B450M Pro4, if it has a similar price to that Gigabyte board, then get it instead, otherwise just keep your current configuration as it is

Ok i'll see if it is available.

Maybe you won't get Ryzen 3000 in time, but there might be price drops for Ryzen 2000

I really doubt price drops will happen in my country soon. Ofc they will probably happen in the US.

I honestly prefer the build guides at Paul's Hardware.

He's thorough and easy to listen to.

Jayz is also great!

On 5/22/2019 at 3:35 PM, _Syn_ said:

I saw the Pro4-F available but not the Pro4. What are the differences?

I couldnt find reviews on the Pro4-F.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:37 PM, trevb0t said:

I honestly prefer the build guides at Paul's Hardware.

He's thorough and easy to listen to.

Jayz is also great!

Thanks, i'll check them out.

3 hours ago, Cholax said:

I saw the Pro4-F available but not the Pro4. What are the differences?

I couldnt find reviews on the Pro4-F.

The Pro 4-F has:

• Different PCB pattern
  • Different USB Port Layout
  • White colored heatsinks

Effectively they are the same board

Looks like a decent built, what games are you trying to run? 

On 5/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, Cholax said:

I've never heard of iPower before, but if your confident in the brand, I don't think it'll be a problem.

You may want to consider the 1660ti if it's significantly cheaper than the 2060 in your country. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

On 5/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, xKyric said:

Looks like a decent built, what games are you trying to run? 

I've never heard of iPower before, but if your confident in the brand, I don't think it'll be a problem.

You may want to consider the 1660ti if it's significantly cheaper than the 2060 in your country. 

The company that builds those gpus is Colorful. It is Asian.

I already bought the gpu so what's done is done.The price difference was less than 50us.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, trevb0t said:

The Pro 4-F has:

• Different PCB pattern
  • Different USB Port Layout
  • White colored heatsinks

Effectively they are the same board

It is safe to say the Pro4-F VRM quality (and overall quality) is the same as the Pro4?