Buy this from Craigslist? Or built my own?

Pedakin
41 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Ima suggest something else : buy the prebuilt but ask him to exclude the GPU. Buy the RX 580 and slot it in. Boom, best of both worlds

MMMM going against the grain, So if that's the case I can ask him to drop the price as well, lets say we get him down to $300, then throw in the Rx 580 for $130 or so and we get a $430 deal + performance, my concern is the damn small case, can I even fit a GPU in here?

2 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

Extremely trash drive. 2D TLC, DRAMless, and most people have reported it slowing down huge after only being half full. Rather the tcsunbow X3 240gb, with dram for $28 instead. 

Also the PSU is quite old. Rather a CX

I appreciate your input! I'll throw that on the list!

Okay everyone so this is what I have so far: 

I have a couple Hard 500gb Hard drives laying around so I should be able to save on that end, also I have a card reader and CD drive in my current PC i'm typing on so I should be able to yank these out and put them in my new system as well. Still looking for any and all comments, concerns, opinions, and things of that nature before I make my big purchases on 06/05/19 (June 5th, 2019).

49 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Okay everyone so this is what I have so far: 

I have a couple Hard 500gb Hard drives laying around so I should be able to save on that end, also I have a card reader and CD drive in my current PC i'm typing on so I should be able to yank these out and put them in my new system as well. Still looking for any and all comments, concerns, opinions, and things of that nature before I make my big purchases on 06/05/19 (June 5th, 2019).

Dependent on the software use, the extra cores in a Ryzen 7 1700 could improve your render times. It's similarly priced to the 2600. 

As I've never used Vegas, I can't say definitively what kind of gains you could expect.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kPzK8/amd-ryzen-7-1700-30ghz-8-core-processor-yd1700bbaebox

47 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Dependent on the software use, the extra cores in a Ryzen 7 1700 could improve your render times. It's similarly priced to the 2600. 

As I've never used Vegas, I can't say definitively what kind of gains you could expect.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kPzK8/amd-ryzen-7-1700-30ghz-8-core-processor-yd1700bbaebox

True but whereas the Ryzen 7 1700 has a 3 GHz clock speed. The Ryzen 5 2600 has a 3.4 GHz clock speed. However the Ryzen 7 has 8 cores, and the Ryzen 5 has 6. So I suppose the question comes to mind: What is more important? Clock speed or the Number of cores?

49 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Keep in mind this is a PC used almost STRICTLY for Streaming (from my xbox to Streamlabs OBS) and Video editing.

11 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

True but whereas the Ryzen 7 1700 has a 3 GHz clock speed. The Ryzen 5 2600 has a 3.4 GHz clock speed. However the Ryzen 7 has 8 cores, and the Ryzen 5 has 6. So I suppose the question comes to mind: What is more important? Clock speed or the Number of cores?

10 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Keep in mind this is a PC used almost STRICTLY for Streaming (from my xbox to Streamlabs OBS) and Video editing.

Again that falls largely to the preferences of the software of choice. If the full 16 threads can be utilized, then the 1700 will be the better buy either way. The boost clock (speed achieved naturally while under load) is a smaller difference (1700 @ 3.7 vs 2600 3.9) Especially since a light overclock could be achieved on the Pro4 with the stock cooler if desired.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:01 PM, trevb0t said:

Again that falls largely to the preferences of the software of choice. If the full 16 threads can be utilized, then the 1700 will be the better buy either way. The boost clock (speed achieved naturally while under load) is a smaller difference (1700 @ 3.7 vs 2600 3.9) Especially since a light overclock could be achieved on the Pro4 with the stock cooler if desired.

Well i've got until the 5th or so of next month to make a concrete decision before I make any purchases. I'm really in the dark here right now but i'm sure it'll come to me soon.

4 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Well i've got until the 5th or so of next month to make a concrete decision before I make any purchases. I'm really in the dark here right now but i'm sure it'll come to me soon.

For rendering, unless it's GPU based, I would assume that more cores is a better choice.

8 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

For rendering, unless it's GPU based, I would assume that more cores is a better choice.

The editing itself is also a concern. Being able to view the editing n real time would be GPU based am I wrong? I mean frankly I could go even lower on the GPU and make sure this PC is a CPU focus, but Like I said I want the absolute best PC possible with my limited budget.

4 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

The editing itself is also a concern. Being able to view the editing n real time would be GPU based am I wrong? I mean frankly I could go even lower on the GPU and make sure this PC is a CPU focus, but Like I said I want the absolute best PC possible with my limited budget.

Well the problem is that at your budget, that build is about where it's going to stay. If you want a better GPU, you could drop down to a R5 1600 CPU and grab an RX 590 or GTX 1660. You're still going to have to raise that budget up higher, and that may be a solid idea, but really that's a pretty well balanced system. 

The RX 580 is a solid ass budget GPU, especially considering you're getting 8GB or VRAM for the price.

The question is, 2600 with slightly faster cores, or the 1700 with more of them. I opted for the 2600 when I made the decision, but I can't say that it was necessarily the better choice. I'm happy with mine.

23 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Well the problem is that at your budget, that build is about where it's going to stay. If you want a better GPU, you could drop down to a R5 1600 CPU and grab an RX 590 or GTX 1660. You're still going to have to raise that budget up higher, and that may be a solid idea, but really that's a pretty well balanced system. 

The RX 580 is a solid ass budget GPU, especially considering you're getting 8GB or VRAM for the price.

The question is, 2600 with slightly faster cores, or the 1700 with more of them. I opted for the 2600 when I made the decision, but I can't say that it was necessarily the better choice. I'm happy with mine.

No I GET that i'm limited with my budget but I want the best possible bang for my buck. I.E Something might be on sale, there might be a place I can get something cheaper, since i've asked in these like 2-3 weeks, i've started with a borderline TRASH PC and since then have gone up exponentially, so i'll continue to do so until I am almost SURE that it's the best possible PC for $500.