Rate my pc build

Yeah... Pretty good.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Nice midrange system build. 

Well I would have gone for a Z board and eventually an I5 K. 

Jayz2Cents just made a video yesterday showing the benefits of hyperthreading due to the zombiload attack and intels advise to disable hyperthreading. 

the lost performance wasn't really that big. So like I always said, an I5 K is enough ^^

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Yea i am kinda new to building pc's but i might upgrade to the Z board and maybe get the i5 8600k or the i7 7700k 

Thanks for helping me out

5 minutes ago, koolmaster76 said:

Yea i am kinda new to building pc's but i might upgrade to the Z board and maybe get the i5 8600k or the i7 7700k 

Thanks for helping me out

Keep in mind the 7700K needs a 200-series motherboard, while the 8th 8600K or 8700K need 300-series boards.

IMO the 8700 non K is a pretty good option, but for the price nowadays a 2600X looks like a steal too (at around 160 USD).

But it might just be worth it to sit on this parts list for a week to see how Ryzen 3000 would be. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

IMO the 8700 non K is a pretty good option, but for the price nowadays a 2600X looks like a steal too (at around 160 USD).

Agreed, 8700 + B360 is probably the way to go if uses directly benefit from Intel processors. Otherwise, wait for Zen 2.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

Agreed, 8700 + B360 is probably the way to go if uses directly benefit from Intel processors. Otherwise, wait for Zen 2.

With the savings done by getting a 2600X + B450 you could upgrade the system to an RTX 2070, with way more direct benefits to gaming. That is kind of a hard thing to ignore though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I'm writing this comment with a Kolink Observatory RGB case beside me...

The Matrix is real

But seriously it's an OK case. I would recommend something different though, the fans are loud and the RGB isn't great 

57 minutes ago, seoz said:

That's a recipe for disaster.

Not really. It is better than the stock cooler. I would buy an Arctic Freezer though instead.

@koolmaster76

Is this a gaming pc ? What monitor are you going to be using ?

21 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Get this.

preferably the mx500 over the dramless bx500

15 minutes ago, brob said:

Other than the psu its a reasonably good build. I would suggest something like Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W or SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W instead. Both are withing a few £ of the CXM.

First one is ok, second one has a ton of issues with ripple on high end cards, noise, only 1 peg connector causing voltage drops so i cannot recommend it.