New router for house

sebekkg

Hi guys i have home with full concrete brick walls and it has two flors and about 12 rooms. So i need need reception in any of them. So far i had tp linl 340g and it was ok and never got broken

But i want to.upgrade

And dont know what to.choose:

1. wr1043nd v2 new ili v1 used

2. Used wdr4300 (but dont know.if i can afford it :D )

3. wdr3500 new

4. wdr3600 new

5. linksys e900 new

House is 12 rooms and it is simetric and the router should work 24/7 for at least few years.

Tapatalk

Hi guys i have home with full concrete brick walls and it has two flors and about 12 rooms. So i need need reception in any of them. So far i had tp linl 340g and it was ok and never got broken

But i want to.upgrade

And dont know what to.choose:

1. wr1043nd v2 new ili v1 used

2. Used wdr4300 (but dont know.if i can afford it :D )

3. wdr3500 new

4. wdr3600 new

5. linksys e900 new

House is 12 rooms and it is simetric and the router should work 24/7 for at least few years.

Tapatalk

This might sound strange but try to build one. Building one is significantly better and will be better in the long run because unlike with a router where if it dies i you have to replace the whole unit but with a computer router you can just swap out the component that dies which 9/10 will be cheaper. But if you do choose to go with a stock router than I recommend almost any asus router but from your list would be the wdr 3600

Ps. NEVER buy used hardware! :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

This might sound strange but try to build one. Building one is significantly better and will be better in the long run because unlike with a router where if it dies i you have to replace the whole unit but with a computer router you can just swap out the component that dies which 9/10 will be cheaper. But if you do choose to go with a stock router than I recommend almost any asus router but from your list would be the wdr 3600

Building a router costs more than what the uses are for just using the router.

As Sonic said, don't buy something used as there's always the chance it's shot to hell. Personally I'd get the linksys e900

Ugh concrete. Anything you get is going to be pretty crap. We've tried blasting Nanostation's through concrete and users only get about 10meg.

God no, what is with this pfSense, dedicated PC as a router shit. The power for it alone is stupid.

Maybe i didnt explain right. Walls are made of bricks. Npt like american cardboard wooden walls. If you know what i mean.

I too think that is better new. And i will buy it. Probably 1043nd v2 new or e900 new. In serbia router and any other electronic stuff is about 20 30% more expensive. So 1043nd v2 is about 58€ and e900 is 35€.

Maybe i didnt explain right. Walls are made of bricks. Npt like american cardboard wooden walls. If you know what i mean.

I too think that is better new. And i will buy it. Probably 1043nd v2 new or e900 new. In serbia router and any other electronic stuff is about 20 30% more expensive. So 1043nd v2 is about 58€ and e900 is 35€.

does it have to be wifi? if not powerline adapters?

I recently moved to a house that are solid concrete with steel reinforcements, so I share your pain and I used powerline to get around it :P

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

you could try using something with high gain antennas (or something that can have there antennas replaced with high gain ones) or use range extenders something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833164035 to cover your weak spots where the wifi cant reach.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I order 1043nd. It has 3x 5dbi antenas. But if that isnt enough i will buy 8dbi. It should cover everything

• 1 month later...

hahah damn, i should have listened to you scott. I had lame reception in my house, in rang of tl wr340g, which have one 2-3 dbi antenna. and i tried to flash openwrt, and putted luci gui manually but got same result. 

Then i tried to boost signal with distance to last user or something, and after that, wifi was dead. I tried to flash oem firmware, and than i bricked it.  :(  . So i send it to retailer. It is so sucky router, i should go on e1200 from linksys or some asus. only if God helps me and they admit it is lousy specimen.