Is i3 8350k and rx 480 enough for 1080p 60fps gaming at high settings ?

Go to solution Solved by Agonizel,

For the most part, yes.

But keep in mind that some (Jim's voice) "Triple A" games may be a bit too demanding and might dip below 60 at times. But for that you've got Freesync.

Competitive Gaming should be fine, but those are generally set on low anyway in order to see the essential better and faster

Prices seem very bad and illogical but I understand you do what you can with what you have. Reading through your comments specially how Ryzen is a lot more money and 8100 and 8350k are the same price (Serious wtf moment there) you might as well go for it. Though if it's at all possible just try to wait for more options or importing

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 hours ago, Raze_47 said:

Im going with a b series one 

I dont plan on oc

In that case, the i3 8100 should be even cheaper and will perform pretty much the same.

EDIT: Never mind, I see now in your region the 8100 is actually the same price. Wow. 

13 hours ago, jerubedo said:

In that case, the i3 8100 should be even cheaper and will perform pretty much the same.

EDIT: Never mind, I see now in your region the 8100 is actually the same price. Wow. 

XD ikr just 2USD differenceScreenshot_2019-05-22-17-07-49-383_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.d118460738105983fb3480f4687be11c.pngScreenshot_2019-05-22-17-07-32-174_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.303a913bd5638edb98988bfe2d96e596.png

19 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Prices seem very bad and illogical but I understand you do what you can with what you have. Reading through your comments specially how Ryzen is a lot more money and 8100 and 8350k are the same price (Serious wtf moment there) you might as well go for it. Though if it's at all possible just try to wait for more options or importing

My core 2 quad, gtx 560 ti system cant hold on at all xd 

So no waiting time

And any new processors or gpu is gonna be ridiculously high priced here :/

6 hours ago, Raze_47 said:

I would consider the fact that they're comparing a 4GB vram card to an 8gb vram card (the 480 in that link has 8GB RAM), so as long as the used RX 480 you plan on getting has the same.

I would consider this as a rough idea of performance instead: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-480-vs-AMD-RX-570/3634vs3924