Newcomer (but long time viewer of LTT) Plan for Build

Hey guys and girls,

Going to plan/build a new pc soon(ish) and one of my questions for my build is: Can I use an "old" GPU to save some money atm and after a few months upgrade it. The GPU I'm talking about is a ZOTAC GTX 760.

For the build:

Motherboard:

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming or a ASUS PRIME X470-PRO

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Cooler:

Noctua NH-D15SE

Memory:

2x G.Skill Aegis DIMM 16GB DDR4 3000MHz

Power Supply: 

Corsair Modular RM650x 650W 80+ Gold

Storage:

NVMe Samsung 970 EVO 250 GB

Will the GTX 760 work on this build?

Got any tips? I'll gladly hear out your wise words

I'm still pondering if I should wait a few months for the new AMD Ryzen 3000 ish to come

It will work, but it's not really on par with the rest of the build

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

New Ryzen very soon, how long can you wait?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

It will work, but it's not really on par with the rest of the build

I already know but the budget is limited and I could go with the Ryzen 5 2600 and buy a GTX 1050. but then again the 760 is not that different. I know it's much more recent but I think I would benefit waiting a bit more and buying a 2060 after a few months

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

New Ryzen very soon, how long can you wait?

I think I can wait until November max.. I was scared yesterday because my daily pc started giving Graphical artifacts, but thankfully it was a bad memory stick (it's a 4yo laptop with a i7 4700MQ and a GTX 880M)

3 minutes ago, Tsuyoku said:

I think I can wait until November max.. I was scared yesterday because my daily pc started giving Graphical artifacts, but thankfully it was a bad memory stick (it's a 4yo laptop with a i7 4700MQ and a GTX 880M)

A few weeks from now new products will be available. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Budget?

Country?

Arround 1k, Portugal (even worse, Madeira Island, they charge extra 50€ for transportation)

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

A few weeks from now new products will be available. 

Ow I thought it was later this year, Thanks ?

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A few weeks from now new products will be available

AMD confirmed on Wednesday that it will be Q3 for release. So 6 weeks min from now. I'd still guess early July though. 

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

AMD confirmed on Wednesday that it will be Q3 for release. So 6 weeks min from now. I'd still guess early July though. 

I really thought it was going to be out late September, Thanks ?

6 minutes ago, Tsuyoku said:

Ow I thought it was later this year, Thanks ?

Computex is the time.

Id suggest waiting for Zen 2 to drop akd then see what to get by then.

Well maybe not buy an overly expensive ssd for MX500 or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

Well maybe not buy an overly expensive ssd for MX500 or something along those lines.

Thanks fot the tip, I already own a XyperX 128GB and I was going to use it to some games and a new NVMe for the OS

33 minutes ago, Tsuyoku said:

I really thought it was going to be out late September, Thanks ?

I mean, theoretically it COULD be that late as it's still Q3, but who knows. 

7 hours ago, Tsuyoku said:

Thanks fot the tip, I already own a XyperX 128GB and I was going to use it to some games and a new NVMe for the OS

Well with that pricing you probably can buy a 500gb or more depending on where you at. Well for just loading games the difference is negligible for os IDK tbh.