Can my 1050ti run VR Minecraft at steady frames?

Hello,

so recently i’ve Been looking to get into VR. Little back story, I have had my 1050ti for about a year and 1/2 and it has lived up to my expectations. 144+ frames in overwatch, Minecraft, fortnite, and many other games I play. Recently Minecraft has been getting bigger and I have been enjoying it again, and I want to try something new with it and VR is that new step.

if anyone can tell me that purchasing a VR is a good decision to play some easy VR games, or that I should get a better graphics card before this. Thanks

It would be my expectation if you wanna get into VR you want to play more than just minecraft soon. You don't buy a monitor for just one game too right?

53 minutes ago, TheeLuke said:

Hello,

so recently i’ve Been looking to get into VR. Little back story, I have had my 1050ti for about a year and 1/2 and it has lived up to my expectations. 144+ frames in overwatch, Minecraft, fortnite, and many other games I play. Recently Minecraft has been getting bigger and I have been enjoying it again, and I want to try something new with it and VR is that new step.

if anyone can tell me that purchasing a VR is a good decision to play some easy VR games, or that I should get a better graphics card before this. Thanks

Imho VR isn't ready and won't be ready for some time. And that 1050Ti will hold you back when it does become ready.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Imho VR isn't ready and won't be ready for some time. And that 1050Ti will hold you back when it does become ready.

Well I’m thinking of still buying the VR, and then over the coming years eventually upgrade to a 2060. 

15 minutes ago, ramm said:

It would be my expectation if you wanna get into VR you want to play more than just minecraft soon. You don't buy a monitor for just one game too right?

Well, I want to play many other games in VR but most of them I feel are easy to run even if I have to have low settings. I don’t fancy spending a whole lot of money on VR games because with Minecraft it’s just the windows 10 version and I can play with others not in VR.

1 hour ago, TheeLuke said:

Hello,

Why you don't run oculus's compatibility check for VR? I ran it on my system and it said that the 1050TI i have is VR capable for minimum settings. Try the compatibility check.