Problem Contacting Corsair's Customer Service

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my story to advise people, see if others had similar experiences and also to ask if anyone has any advice on what i should do.

So, I bought a K70 with blue switches from Corsair's website just over 2 weeks ago and was told that it would ship in roughly 3-4 days and i would receive an email when it had done so. As you may have guessed, I still haven't recieved an email, and i know that they have the correct email address, but what is worse imo is that after sending 3 messages to their customer service still none have been replied to even though Corsair promises to respond within 1 working day. 

Anyway, can anyone give me any advice other than to call them, which i don't really want to if i dont have to as i live in the UK and the only number is a US one which could be quite expensive to call.

Thanks

I dislike Corsair and I have never bought a Corsair product.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yeah, the only thing I like about Corsair is their lifetime warranty on their RAM. The rest is mainly mediocre. I guess they're happy with mediocrity.

Compatible with Windows 95

Over the years of using many Corsair products I have never had an issue with their customer service. I won't buy from them directly because I can get better pricing from a 3rd party vendor, but that is as far as my complaints with them go. They've always replaced defective/damaged components quickly and hassle free.

If you are having issues with them then call them instead of going "Waaaaah Corsair customer service sucks! Corsair sucks!" etc. 1 bad experience does not make for an objective opinion.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I am sorry but everything I have read on multiple forums and with my own personal experience disagrees. Just yesterday a guy in Turkey got an entire 900D replaced with free shipping on both ends just because he did not like how hard it was to open the side panels. The shipping from Turkey to Holland itself costs more than most cases would.

In my own experience, I lost the L-screwdriver that came with my case: totally my fault. I call up Corsair and they sent me an entire accessory kit for free with overnight shipping as well.

I had to rma my k70 and had the opposite experience. I have had nothing but good luck with corsair. Sorry. I would just call them.

I had a broken corsair 200R I called them. They replaced it for me no problems. 

I am sorry but everything I have read on multiple forums and with my own personal experience disagrees. Just yesterday a guy in Turkey got an entire 900D replaced with free shipping on both ends just because he did not like how hard it was to open the side panels. The shipping from Turkey to Holland itself costs more than most cases would.

In my own experience, I lost the L-screwdriver that came with my case: totally my fault. I call up Corsair and they sent me an entire accessory kit for free with overnight shipping as well.

That is good, however my problem is that I can't get hold of them.

Over the years of using many Corsair products I have never had an issue with their customer service. I won't buy from them directly because I can get better pricing from a 3rd party vendor, but that is as far as my complaints with them go. They've always replaced defective/damaged components quickly and hassle free.

If you are having issues with them then call them instead of going "Waaaaah Corsair customer service sucks! Corsair sucks!" etc. 1 bad experience does not make for an objective opinion.

I know that this is the case but I am just saying that this is my experience and wanted advice. Also i never said that Corsair sucked, just their customer service has been bad in my experience.

They do have a toll free number ( 1 888-222-4346 ). Give it a shot.

Thanks, just noticed that on their site, completely missed it before  :P . I'm not sure it will still be free outside of the USA but I think it is going to be the best option

I know that this is the case but I am just saying that this is my experience and wanted advice. Also i never said that Corsair sucked, just their customer service has been bad in my experience.

You said, and I quote, "Corsair has TERRIBLE customer service". So it that the same as saying your experience was bad? The thread was essentially a bad accusation. 

Their service has taken a hit online..

But in the past 2 months I have RMA'd a few things and I've got back 100% new items. Which doesn't ever happen with RMA's normally.

You should also change your title. Your bad experience doesn't fall on the rest of us who have excellent times with them.

I lost the key cap to my Corsair Voyager, 1 week later, I get a bag of 20 caps.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

You said, and I quote, "Corsair has TERRIBLE customer service". So it that the same as saying your experience was bad? The thread was essentially a bad accusation. 

Their service has taken a hit online..

But in the past 2 months I have RMA'd a few things and I've got back 100% new items. Which doesn't ever happen with RMA's normally.

You should also change your title. Your bad experience doesn't fall on the rest of us who have excellent times with them.

I lost the key cap to my Corsair Voyager, 1 week later, I get a bag of 20 caps.

Sorry if my title was misleading, didn't really think about it and thanks for bringing it up i will change it

If you still can't get hold of Corsair at all (be it through phone or email) then you can still contact them here / other forums.

For example, George Makris has an account here: @Corsair George and also on Overclock.Net .

Sorry if my title was misleading, didn't really think about it and thanks for bringing it up i will change it

Just don't want to bring extreme negative vibes to it if say a Corsair rep logs on and see it.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Exact same thing is happening with me! Ordered the K70 Blue switches on the 9th and still no news from corsair, shame really as I really love their products and want that damn K70! Makes me wonder if the K70 might be out of stock? even though it didn't state so on the website, anyone received a K70 lately?

My Vengeance 2000 broke and they wanted me to ship it overseas so they can replace it. There was no way I was going to spend $50 to get a replacement on a product that shouldn't have broken to begin with. Note: It didn't take them long to bring out the Vengeance 2100 with design improvements to help with the build quality... *sigh*. Just a quick Google search of "Corsair vengeance 2000 cracked" and you'll see how many problems they had with them.

My h80 is running fine however.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

My Vengeance 2000 broke and they wanted me to ship it overseas so they can replace it. There was no way I was going to spend $50 to get a replacement on a product that shouldn't have broken to begin with. Note: It didn't take them long to bring out the Vengeance 2100 with design improvements to help with the build quality... *sigh*. Just a quick Google search of "Corsair vengeance 2000 cracked" and you'll see how many problems they had with them.

My h80 is running fine however.

Same thing happened to my Vengeance 2000. I just got an RMA today. (Good thing I don't live overseas).

I also haven't had a single problem with Corsair support. They've also replaced two parts on my 800D for free, no questions asked.

according to corsairs forum http://forum.corsair.com/v3/index.php

"Due to the high surge in ticket inquiries over the holidays, our focus will be on responding to tickets as a priority. Corsair Tech Support will resume actively posting to the forum when ticket inquiries are at reasonable service levels."

you should see if they can get you any help faster

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

It can sometimes take a while. My first ticket submission was on 6/25 but I got a reply back on 7/8. I would try waiting maybe waiting a few more days to see if they reply. But if you really want to get a response quickly call their toll-free number as mentioned above.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I contacted corsair and they said the k70 is on back order and is expected to be in stock first week of february:)

I've had a bad rma aswell where they didn't reply. I solved it by making a public complaint on the corsair facebook page allong with my ticket number. I got a reply the day after that, it could be a coincidence but I don't think so.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.