[Windows/Android] Safe Volume to Play Music At

So I know Android has a Volume Limiter which limits sound when wearing headphones around 60% before giving you a warning to increase higher with a risk of damaged hearing in the future. Should I stay at 60% or just increase it up from 60% to 67% (taking the percentages from PowerAmp)

On Windows, this feature is non-existant and I can go up to 100% but I am also wondering if 60 in Windows is also the safe limit for Headphones with no additional settings such as Loudness Equalization, etc apart from 24bit 192000Hz from 16 bit 48000Hz

5 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

So I know Android has a Volume Limiter which limits sound when wearing headphones around 60% before giving you a warning to increase higher with a risk of damaged hearing in the future. Should I stay at 60% or just increase it up from 60% to 67% (taking the percentages from PowerAmp)

On Windows, this feature is non-existant and I can go up to 100% but I am also wondering if 60 in Windows is also the safe limit for Headphones with no additional settings such as Loudness Equalization, etc apart from 24bit 192000Hz from 16 bit 48000Hz

Depends on the efficiency of the headphones and the power of the amp (external or onboard) put it to whatever feels comfy. i usually have my speakers at around 110Db if im sat around 5-6 feet away

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just listen to it. If its starting to hurt your ear then lower it down.. Me i am always cranking up the volume as high as i can.. Because you only live once

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Hiya! said:

Just listen to it. If its starting to hurt your ear then lower it down.. Me i am always cranking up the volume as high as i can.. 

This is true, but some speakers can go super loud without hurting your ears, such as my old SVS bookshelfs could go real loud and not be harsh or hurting

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Depends on the efficiency of the headphones and the power of the amp (external or onboard) put it to whatever feels comfy. i usually have my speakers at around 110Db if im sat around 5-6 feet away

Currently my headphones that I am using ATM are some Focal Utopias that I got a good deal on in Dallas: https://www.focal.com/headphones/utopia

I have no DAC/AMP apart from the Realtek® ALC892 Codec on my motherboard and have not turned on any sound setting features in Realtek Audio Control apart from changing the frequency or Default Format

Every speaker and headphone has different volume levels at every percentage so that entirely depends on if you think it's too loud.

Just now, GanstaKingofSA said:

Currently my headphones that I am using ATM are some Focal Utopias that I got a good deal on in Dallas: https://www.focal.com/headphones/utopia

I have no DAC/AMP apart from the Realtek® ALC892 Codec on my motherboard and have not turned on any sound setting features in Realtek Audio Control apart from changing the frequency or Default Format

Wow you're running focal utopias off onboard sound... @Den-Fi.com would shout at you.

4 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

This is true, but some speakers can go super loud without hurting your ears, such as my old SVS bookshelfs could go real loud and not be harsh or hurting

If its super loud then its gonna hurt your ear.. We are talking about Headphone. 

But people have different treshold although i dont recommend to use high volume too often. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Damn dude those headphones deserve a better source. At least a $100 amp and a $100 DAC.

Just now, rice guru said:

Damn dude those headphones deserve a better source. At least a $100 amp and a $100 DAC.

200 dollars running 4000 dollar headphones.. i cringe at knowing focal utopias are run off onboard :(

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

If its super loud then its gonna hurt your ear.. We are talking about Headphone. 

But people have different treshold although i dont recommend to use high volume too often. 

True i have a threshold of around 115Db which is pretty high. after 120Db it becomes painful and not-so-enjoyable, i usually get around 90Db percieved volume when listening to music.

Just now, Derkoli said:

200 dollars running 4000 dollar headphones.. i cringe at knowing focal utopias are run off onboard :(

Better than onboard at least. Honestly I would grab the monoprice thx AAA DAC amp and call it t a day. And maybe a dark voice if I feel like it.

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Wow you're running focal utopias off onboard sound... @Den-Fi.com would shout at you.

I guess so. I mean I ain't a Linus but all I got ATM

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

True. I did make this post afterwards asking if I needed one based on the 2 pinned topics in this channel

Just now, GanstaKingofSA said:

I guess so. I mean I ain't a Linus but all I got ATM

True. I did make this post afterwards asking if I needed one based on the 2 pinned topics in this channel

How much did you get them for may i ask? you may have been better off with cheaper headphones from audeze like the lcd-x or 2's then a nice amplifier and dac.

How much did you get them for may i ask? you may have been better off with cheaper headphones from audeze like the lcd-x or 2's then a nice amplifier and dac.

Don't remember but I got it for around the same cost as a HD 660 I think

Don't remember but I got it for around the same cost as a HD 660 I think

Oh damn i dont blame you then. They deserve a decent amp/dac though. like a Schiit stack

Oh damn i dont blame you then. They deserve a decent amp/dac though. like a Schiit stack

schiit stack is outdated now that the liquid spark and the atom is out those are nbetter sounding amps for the same price. but the modi 3 is still good. but many like to reccoemnt the d30 more as that measures better

Just now, rice guru said:

schiit stack is outdated now that the liquid spark and the atom is out those are nbetter sounding amps for the same price. but the modi 3 is still good. but many like to reccoemnt the d30 more as that measures better

I think something higher end would suit them, but the schiit stack and atom and what not are probs bare minimum, but he got 4k headphones for like 500 so i dont blame him. But i would pair it with atleast a valhalla or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

I think something higher end would suit them, but the schiit stack and atom and what not are probs bare minimum, but he got 4k headphones for like 500 so i dont blame him. But i would pair it with atleast a valhalla or something like that.

if hes gonna spend that mnuch on a dac amp might as well get a amp with THX AA 788 https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24459

I was considering using a Stereo DAC that I had but the Ohm max it can get is way low compared to these and possibly the one already in my system plus it's all wire from long ago and not a 3.5 plug apart from the stereo jack in the front

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

if hes gonna spend that mnuch on a dac amp might as well get a amp with THX AA 788 https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24459

I forgot about that thing.. im a speaker guy lol

I was considering using a Stereo DAC that I had but the Ohm max it can get is way low compared to these and possibly the one already in my system plus it's all wire from long ago and not a 3.5 plug apart from the stereo jack in the front

The dac doesnt power the headphones unless its an all in one unit. it usually just has two rca's out or XLR's if its high end (balanced) going to an amp

Just now, Derkoli said:

The dac doesnt power the headphones unless its an all in one unit. it usually just has two rca's out or XLR's if its high end (balanced) going to an amp

Well it has RCA plus those wire plugs. What I thought could work but ohm is way less than them https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-D508#manuals

Well it has RCA plus those wire plugs. What I thought could work but ohm is way less than them https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-D508#manuals

Ah its a receiver. Yes do not try to plug headphones into the speaker outputs it will fry them to heaven and beyond. The receiver might have line out that you could use (rca's, the red and white metal donuts) headphones dont require the power speakers do, such as my headphones can run perfectly fine on 0.25 watts while some of my speakers get fed 210 watts (2,040 times more power)