Mid rig for Engineering and light gaming

I am looking to build my first computer and I am looking for some advice. I want to build a mid machine ($1000ish) that I can use running engineering software such as Solidworks

and Matlab. I am not too heavy of a user but I definitely have Assemblies with 100-200 parts.  I also want to be able to run some games. I have 1080P monitors that are not the greatest but I am not looking to upgrade. 

One big feature that I need to have is 2 boot drives for dual booting Linux and windows with a hard drive for additional data. I want something more powerful than my current laptop I currently using. Which runs SW as well as SW likes to run. 

Levenvo P50 with a

Xenon E3-1505M v5 @ 2.80GHz × 8 

Quadro M2000M

16GB of RAM

2x 256GB M.2 drives

500GB harddive.  

I know that SW is only "certified" on Quadro card. But I am confused if I really need one or I can use a gaming card or if I can run games on a Quadro. 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? 

SolidWorks is really GPU heavy, the better graphics card the better you can run these kinds of programs. If you also want to play games a good CPU is extremely important.
Do you want a laptop or a stationary pc? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I want to build a stationary pc. I am very happy with my current laptop.

I am also not looking to run the newest AAA titles at the highest frame rate. I just want to do some light gaming. 

Solidworks will run on a "gaming" card. The "certification" is not worth your money, especially with your budget. I would recommend A GTX1080ti or 2070, 16GB of RAM, and any 6-core CPU above 3.6GHz.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

One can game with a Quadro, but performance is not terribly good. Sadly, while Solidworks can use a gaming gpu, its performance is not terribly good. 

At the mark has an excellent graph of relative performance in Solidworks. Based on the graph it looks like a Vega 56 gpu would be optimal for the budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($82.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($53.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1019.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-11 15:07 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

-Change CPU... Get the highest clock speed you can afford with over 4 cores.  

-You only need a "Certified" GPU for Solidworks if you're going to use the rendering tools.

-M2000M is a laptop card... Get a Quadro P1000 instead.