Doge vs Rest of Crypt-coins

Just had a look at coinmarketcap.com and saw this:

0fh8LZy.png

So what's wrong with people?  Any thoughts?

Just had a look at coinmarketcap.com and saw this:

<SNIP>

So what's wrong with people?  Any thoughts?

This shows how unstable and how odd the coin thing is.

Quote me to get a reply!

I still believe Doge will be a major disaster, but by all means prove me wrong interwebz.

Yep, just a troll being worth 58 million dollar  :unsure:

Yep, just a troll being worth 58 million dollar  :unsure:

Major investors cash out and your 58 million dollars are more like 100 dollars. We've seen it so many times already.

this coin crap is disabled

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I got into cryptocurrencies for a couple weeks, but I just gave up after a while. The volatility is too high, the returns not worth it when you consider the volatility and the amount that you would have to spend on otherwise needless GPUs, motherboards and PSUs. Then again I may be a little bit biased because I live in Hawaii and electricity here is a whopping 36c /kwh (most expensive in the US), which means I get much lower returns. 

Thing is, even if calculations show that you can make say 500$ a month worth of litecoin a month (very unlikely now that scrypt mining is so popular), the coin will likely be much harder to mine by the next month or who knows it might drop in price, destroying your ROI. Besides, enjoy all those hairdryers whizzing away 24/7 unless you have a seperate room to put them in. And the heat generated from dozens of GPUs, certain ones in particular *cough*290*cough* may be great during the wintertime as a heating solution (not joking at all about this) but you'll definitely reconsider in a couple months. 

TLDR; Unless you have already invested in crypto mining back when GPUs were a lot cheaper and mined since a couple months ago when the difficulty was much lower, its not worth to get into it now. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Dogecoin is rising due to the community. No other cryptocurrency has the backing of such a forward thinking community as Dogecoin. Most people are in it for the fun of it. A community based around a cute, iconic dog is more likeable than the grumpy in-it-for-the-money communities like most cryptocurrencies are.

Just because you hate the doge meme, doesn't mean it's going to fail. However, I do agree the whole comical look of the coin and how it's presented to the world is going to limit the impact of it as everyone will look at it as a joke coin. Then again, this is the reason why it's so popular. It's a pisstake on money.

Problem is that people are actually taking dogecoin seriously. There are many buffoons out there who are in just to make money and it's creating this bubble (just like in other cryptos) that will eventually burst. I've seen people seriously wanting to buy tens of millions of dogecoins as an investment before. And who knows if it's yet another one of these "scamcoins"... heck even the master of all, bitcoin is quite shady. Satoshi is estimated to have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of premined or instant mined bitcoins...imagine the sh*tstorm it'll create to all cryptos if he decides to one day sell it all to make a killing. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Besides, enjoy all those hairdryers whizzing away 24/7 unless you have a seperate room to put them in. And the heat generated from dozens of GPUs, certain ones in particular *cough*290*cough* may be great during the wintertime as a heating solution (not joking at all about this) but you'll definitely reconsider in a couple months.

How else would I go to sleep at night without the sound of a few 290s at 80% fan to coo me to sleep? You are very correct about the heating. Even with temperatures as low as - 10F my house has remained 100%gpu heated.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

How else would I go to sleep at night without the sound of a few 290s at 80% fan to coo me to sleep? 

1327376101071.jpg

Spoiler