help me decide what to buy

Hello to all of LTT, i have a 23'' LG Full HD monitor that will be 3 years old and i want to change it, however, i don't know enough of monitors to choose between these ones, can any of you help? (the monitors chosen here are at a similar price here in Chile right now, so a comparison between US prices is not applicable)

• HP OMEN 27", QHD 2560x1440, 165Hz, 1ms, HDMI, DP 1.2, NVIDIA G-SYNC™

• Samsung 27" C27JG50, WQHD 2560x1440 1440P 2K 144Hz, 4ms, 16:9, 1800R, 2xHDMI, DP

• Monitor Profesional Gamer LG 27” Full HD, 1ms, 240Hz, AMD FreeSync, HDMI, DisplayPort OverClock

i have an gtx 1050 right know, hoping to upgrade it soon, so i don't really know if it can push the frames necessary frames for most of these, however, i don't game that much anymore, so it's not really an issue

thank you!

Since you have only 1050, Gsync or Freesync won't matter as the gpu cannot produce more than 60fps which a regular monitor with vsync can deliver.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Since you have only 1050, Gsync or Freesync won't matter as the gpu cannot produce more than 60fps which a regular monitor with vsync can deliver.

that's what i also thought, however, most of the time i feel like the screen i have is too small, and i would not mind going to two screens, in that case, would it be better to just buy the same display again? 

If they're all close to the same price, i like the first one the best due to the 1ms response time and the 1440p resolution. It'll be hard for you to get 100fps with the 1050, and the g-sync won't really be able to be utilized.

If you're not into gaming, i would recommend finding an alternate monitor altogether to save yourself some money

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

If they're all close to the same price, i like the first one the best due to the 1ms response time and the 1440p resolution. It'll be hard for you to get 100fps with the 1050, and the g-sync won't really be able to be utilized.

If you're not into gaming, i would recommend finding an alternate monitor altogether to save yourself some money

right know most of what i do is coding, reading pdf's and the like, and the most demanding games i play are (i think) DOOM and Warframe, in that case, you recon i should go for another kind of monitor? (if so, what kind? i know next to nothing XD) or just go to the first one since i hope that, in the future, i would upgrade to a better card?

Edit: sorry if my english is kind of crappy, and if something is not understandable, please tell me to try to explain it

Edited by kawallala

Dual monitors is better for coding, one monitor for the code, the other to test the result.

You'll want at least 1440p or 4k for 27 inch, FHD resulolution is just too small.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, kawallala said:

right know most of what i do is coding, reading pdf's and the like, and the most demanding games i play are (i think) DOOM and Warframe, in that case, you recon i should go for another kind of monitor? (if so, what kind? i know next to nothing XD) or just go to the first one since i hope that, in the future, i would upgrade to a better card?

Edit: sorry if my english is kind of crappy, and if something is not understandable, please tell me to try to explain it

Things i would recommend

- 1440p (2k) is significantly better than 1080p and much more satisfying even for things outside of gaming. 4k is better than 2k but the jump isn't as noticeable. 

- High refresh rate is also very pleasant, even for things outside of gaming. Although you don't need a lot of extra HZ, anything above 60hz just feels much smoother

- IPS panels, in my opinion, give the best viewing experience

Optional - 1ms response time is also a really good input, especially for gaming. You won't notice it as much for coding or anything outside of gaming though, so it may not be worth the extra money

Lastly, i don't think a freesync/G-sync feature would be the best option for you, seeing as it's something only utilized in gaming at really high fps

28 minutes ago, kawallala said:

Hello to all of LTT, i have a 23'' LG Full HD monitor that will be 3 years old and i want to change it, however, i don't know enough of monitors to choose between these ones, can any of you help? (the monitors chosen here are at a similar price here in Chile right now, so a comparison between US prices is not applicable)

• HP OMEN 27", QHD 2560x1440, 165Hz, 1ms, HDMI, DP 1.2, NVIDIA G-SYNC™

• Samsung 27" C27JG50, WQHD 2560x1440 1440P 2K 144Hz, 4ms, 16:9, 1800R, 2xHDMI, DP

• Monitor Profesional Gamer LG 27” Full HD, 1ms, 240Hz, AMD FreeSync, HDMI, DisplayPort OverClock

i have an gtx 1050 right know, hoping to upgrade it soon, so i don't really know if it can push the frames necessary frames for most of these, however, i don't game that much anymore, so it's not really an issue

thank you!

If gaming isn't your primary use, either of the 1440p monitors would be a great choice. The Samsung monitor however is a VA panel where as the HP is a TN panel, I would suggest the VA panel unless you get a significantly better deal on the HP as the VA Samsung will be a better looking panel.

You'll likely be getting 120-200fps in a lot of older games provided you have a decent cpu. Replaying older games in high refresh rate, higher resolution is always great too. 144hz is amazing just for moving your mouse and windows around on the screen. I have a MSI MAG27CQ which has the same panel that the Samsung has and I'm really happy with it, although I will say the first monitor developed an entire line of stuck pixels and the second has a couple a dead pixel like the first but in a far less obnoxious spot. I'd hope Samsung's QA would be top notch for their branded version.

7 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

If gaming isn't your primary use, either of the 1440p monitors would be a great choice. The Samsung monitor however is a VA panel where as the HP is a TN panel, I would suggest the VA panel unless you get a significantly better deal on the HP as the VA Samsung will be a better looking panel.

You'll likely be getting 120-200fps in a lot of older games provided you have a decent cpu. Replaying older games in high refresh rate, higher resolution is always great too. 144hz is amazing just for moving your mouse and windows around on the screen. I have a MSI MAG27CQ which has the same panel that the Samsung has and I'm really happy with it, although I will say the first monitor developed an entire line of stuck pixels and the second has a couple a dead pixel like the first but in a far less obnoxious spot. I'd hope Samsung's QA would be top notch for their branded version.

i can get the samsung one for around 60 usd cheaper, i'll be seeing between that one, however, i saw the MSI MAG27C at the same price as the HP, how has that one been for you?

29 minutes ago, kawallala said:

i can get the samsung one for around 60 usd cheaper, i'll be seeing between that one, however, i saw the MSI MAG27C at the same price as the HP, how has that one been for you?

MAG27C is 1080p, MAG27CQ is 1440p. I wouldn't recommend 1080p at 27".

I like this monitor quite a bit but mostly because I only paid $299.99 for it a while back, the Freesync flickers on my GTX 1080 so that's kinda disappointing. Otherwise it looks significantly better than my previous TN monitor and even has less color banding, it's no IPS and it's not a high quality TN specifically for high refresh gaming but it's a great middle ground that was a good price.

4 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

MAG27C is 1080p, MAG27CQ is 1440p. I wouldn't recommend 1080p at 27".

I like this monitor quite a bit but mostly because I only paid $299.99 for it a while back, the Freesync flickers on my GTX 1080 so that's kinda disappointing. Otherwise it looks significantly better than my previous TN monitor and even has less color banding, it's no IPS and it's not a high quality TN specifically for high refresh gaming but it's a great middle ground that was a good price.

oh, you are right, did not saw that, for know i will decide between the samsung and the hp, unless i find something else that looks similar