Best distro for HiDpi Screens?

I've been constantly looking and switching for a distro to replace windows and yet i keep going back, i've used ubuntu, manjaro, and dabbled with mint. I like what manjaro offers and is but just cant get the dpi scaling to properly work/match the bliss that windows provides when it comes to screen scaling. I'm running a lenovo yoga 2 pro i7 model which has a "quad hd" display whcih i understand to be 2k resolution. This screen has plaged me from switching and running basic programs without messing with resolution settings. My question is what is the best distro that makes hidpi screens bearable, doesnt has a weird trackpad accelerated snap on effect, and in general is simple and light to use

-Thanks!

In regards to the title question, there is no best distro for high DPI screens.  What matters is the Desktop Environment, in this case KDE and GNOME have the best scaling support for this, I am currently using KDE on a 2K screen and everything is scaled just fine, haven't personally tried with GNOME but I have heard good things about their support.

The trackpad will likely be a result of what hardware the manufacturer has used and so what drivers are available for it.

Simple and light to use is open to interpretation, what are you looking for?

GNOME and KDE (as @Koeshi mentioned) will probably be the best for desktop environments. KDE is a more traditional desktop setup (similar to Windows) whereas GNOME is fairly different and is a lot more keyboard driven. I used KDE on Manjaro which was nice, but I had issues when using multiple 2560x1440 displays with different interfaces (one is DP, other is HDMI). I've been using GNOME recently and there is a proper scaling setting but I think the one in KDE is more robust if I remember correctly.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Every desktop will let you that, it just changes the way you do that

In gnome you can set without gnome tweaks a 100% and 200% ratio, KDE let's you set the DPI manually to the one you like.
in gnome-tweaks you set the font scaling to something like 1,20 to get a 20% increase (120% in windows)

xfce let's you do that too via font scaling

After that, every program will follow this scaling

• 3 weeks later...

Wayland DEs tend to have better DPI scaling than X11 (supports setting the DPI per monitor). So I would recommend that instead of the "hacky" X11 fixes.