Wiring diagram help

Jstagzsr

Monitor hp vs17.  Pix below of pcb. 

I can't find anywhere online what the correct power wire colors are to hook up lcd panel to PC power.  And i don't want to guess or trial and error it and permanently destroy the board or anything else.. I've seen it done online but can't for the life of me find where it is that i saw it.. if someone could please help I'd be grateful.. 

A full wiring diagram would be amazing too!!

All i need to run is the LCD itself and the graphics pcb for it. Trying to do that from a molex wire. So hopefully this monitor can even run from 5,7, or 12v.. but before i can try anything i need to know which of the wires is the wire the vga pcb gets its power from.. i assume red is 12v and the closest black is it's ground. But like i said, i don't wanna guess. 

c00307939.jpg

20190505_143755.jpg

20190505_143814.jpg

20190505_143731.jpg

No you can't.

There's a reason there's a power supply board there and not jsut a 12V adapter.

LCD displays need hundreds of volts to light the cathodes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

36 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No you can't.

There's a reason there's a power supply board there and not jsut a 12V adapter.

LCD displays need hundreds of volts to light the cathodes.

That's not true. You absolutely can. I've seen it done. It's common practice to do what I'm trying to do, i just don't k ow the correct wires to hook power up to. And i also stated that i am ONLY powering the LCD and the graphics board.. aka, I'm not using the backlight that requires a ton if power. The LCD itself uses usually 5v. 

Yes normally if you don't use the inverter circuit you don't need to have big power for the lcd back light. But It's hard to find the datasheet from the constructor and wires diagrams so when I had the same problem like you, I just bought a universal lcd controller board in banggood or ebay for 20 box. Like that :

https://fr-m.banggood.com/M_NT68676_2A-LCD-Monitor-Controller-Board-Converter-Driver-Kit-HDMI-DVI-VGA-for-1920x1200-LM240WU2-SLB2-p-1438310.html?rmmds=search

In ebay the seller ask you for the reference of the screen to provide you the good inverter. Normally, you don't need it. A controller board is not to much expensive so if I was you, I just try... Black is the ground ?

Can't help you more... Sorry

On 5/6/2019 at 7:11 PM, DECLO said:

Yes normally if you don't use the inverter circuit you don't need to have big power for the lcd back light. But It's hard to find the datasheet from the constructor and wires diagrams so when I had the same problem like you, I just bought a universal lcd controller board in banggood or ebay for 20 box. Like that :

https://fr-m.banggood.com/M_NT68676_2A-LCD-Monitor-Controller-Board-Converter-Driver-Kit-HDMI-DVI-VGA-for-1920x1200-LM240WU2-SLB2-p-1438310.html?rmmds=search

In ebay the seller ask you for the reference of the screen to provide you the good inverter. Normally, you don't need it. A controller board is not to much expensive so if I was you, I just try... Black is the ground ?

Can't help you more... Sorry

lol. thank you!!