Anyone ever made their own gaskets?

For reasons i dont quite understand in the UK it seems to be rather difficult to find either 360mm or 120mm foam gaskets that are actually in stock and not crazy expensive.  I'm wondering if anyone here has made their own and if so what materials did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks

well I know you are meaning for computers but I have done this many times for cars as I used be a bit of a boy racer :P all I can say is it worked fine in a hot oily engine so probably would fare well in a nice dry computer. 

I used a silcone gasket compound and gasket card purchased from the Auto repair store.

Your talking about fan gaskets ?

For that pritty much anything will work.

I used some left over 4mm foam sound deadening to make a gasket for a fan i had to space out due to some clearance issues.

You can use anything , even cardboard , though it wont look great.

A cheap option using neoprene foam would be this. So long as your ok with cutting each of the 4 sides of a fan individually. Getting large sheets is more expensive.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

22 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Your talking about fan gaskets ?

yea thats why i suggested the silcone gasket stuff as its kinda like rubber when set.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:00 AM, Goobertron said:
For reasons i dont quite understand in the UK it seems to be rather difficult to find either 360mm or 120mm foam gaskets that are actually in stock and not crazy expensive.  I'm wondering if anyone here has made their own and if so what materials did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks

As others have suggested for fan gaskets using a neoprene foam would be your best option to seal the fans or give it a bit of vibration dampening. Just note it may require you to use a little longer bolt due to the extra thickness.