Shipping electronics from USA to Greece

Padorkous

Hello! I need to send some personal items from the USA to Greece for family relatives but from what I've read so far anything worth over 60usd must be clearly mentioned in order to be taxed extra. More specifically I want to send 2 iPhones 1 MacBook 1 iPad 1 canon DLSR with its lenses and some clothes, I have no problem splitting them up in different packages.

I did some research and found out that I could send them as unaccompanied personal goods by using a company such as sendmybag.com or mybaggage.com, some say unaccompanied personal goods are not getting taxed while others say that any good that is getting imported overseas and has a value above 60usd must be taxed no exceptions made.

In total the things that I want to send are worth about 10k-15kusd and since they are PERSONAL items not brand new I think its a bit irrational to get a 24% tax on their market retail price value. The only way that I know of is illegal and you must declare a smaller but no noticeable value like 100usd and put some irrelevant stuff inside like other clothes etc. so even in the small chance they open the package if they do just a quick search it is more likely to not take them into account but since I DO NOT endorse illegal activities I would like to have it as a last resort.

If you have any recommendations I would be glad to hear them!

Thanks for your time!

8 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Paragraphs were invented for a reason.

My bad, just fixed it!

14 hours ago, Padorkous said:

My bad, just fixed it!

Are the items new or used?

If they are used, declare their used value. Whether or not used items are still liable for tax and customs fees will depend on your specific country.

Please don't illegally avoid customs. At best, if caught, they might confiscate all your expensive stuff.

If they are brand new? Sorry my friend, pay the fees.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As long as you discard all packaging you can just take them yourself across the border as long as you're willing to return empty handed.

You probably don't want to bring more than 2 lenses for the DSLR unless if you look like a hardcore photographer (and if they ask you better have a good instagram)

I'd be more personally worried about the clothes especially if you are bringing sweaters in during the summer.