Looking for a flashy case that doesn't sacrifice too much practicality

Hoiafar

So, it's come time to upgrade from my Define R2, mostly because I am tired of it, and this time because I have a bit more knowledge about how to build computers I want to go for something more flashy, unfortunately I haven't had the best of luck finding a particularly good and flashy case and turn to you now for help.

What am I looking for exactly?
Well! That I will explain below with a list of semi-requirements.

1. Doesn't sacrifice too much in terms of airflow and other functionalities for aesthetics.
  2. Has a sleek but boomy design. (Will be explained later)
  3. Is preferably available in black.
  4. Modular drive case.
  5. Is preferably not too clunky to bring to LANs.

Things I don't exactly require;

1. Radiator support.
  2. Large drive cases

Now as for cases I have looked at and are currently thinking about;
NZXT Phantom, CM Storm Stryker and Aerocool XPredator.
Now the XPredator I am kinda iffy on. It's not great looking, but it's acceptable.
As for the other two, the Phantom is the one I like the most aesthetically, but the Storm Stryker comes with a neat fan controller and also a handle.
What makes me apprehensive about buying those two cases is that they are Fulltowers, so I'm concerned with how heavy they are going to be, as well as how ugly the internal back panel looks on NZXT Phantom despite its absolutely gorgeous outer.

And that brings me to the point; What cases in this style could you recommend that fit at least a majority of my "requirements" and what do you have to say about the ones I have already found?

The Phantom 530 is great.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Corsair 760t or Corsair C70? NZXT H440?

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

Phantom 530 or Corsair 760t

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

The Phantom 530 is great.

This ^^

I would probably steer clear of full towers unless you really need them, which it doesn't sound like you do. They just become too big and cumbersome to be of any value IMO. The phantom series looks nice and everyone seems to love them. 500R and 600T look nice from corsair.

Corsair 350D, Fractal Arc Mini 2, NZXT Vulcan, Coolermaster Storm Scout, Prodigy for portability.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 and Cosmos SE. Both are good cases with handles and good airflow. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

To recommend something from one of teksynicates videos the xigmatek talon might suit you

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

thermaltake level 10 LOL

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

I vote 350D if you are doing LAN parties often otherwise any phantom 410 if your not moving much.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

good joke

:P

My Setup

Ha, that new case from Origin PC sounds like it would fit the bill...too bad they don't sell it on its own (to my knowledge). Some of the Alienware cases look pretty slick too, and you can find them on Ebay but the lighting can be an issue as they use some voodoo between Dellienware mobos and the lighting connections. 

Some cases to consider (remember we may have different definitions of a sleek boomy design):

BitFenix Shadow (looks sexy if you ask me, subtle, but sexy)

Corsair Vengeance C70 (it has handles)

Something else to consider would be modifying a case you already like to add some more of the functionality you want out of the case. For example, adding handles yourself or throwing a window on a case that wouldn't otherwise have one. Lighting, paint jobs, all that good stuff can make a subtle case into a centerpiece. 

Alright, I've been looking at some of the suggestions in this thread (way more than I expected). And it stands between the Phantom 410 and 530 right now, the website I am using doesn't really give any information about the 530 in terms of fans, how many slots for them are there, what sizes and so forth?

Ha, that new case from Origin PC sounds like it would fit the bill...too bad they don't sell it on its own (to my knowledge). Some of the Alienware cases look pretty slick too, and you can find them on Ebay but the lighting can be an issue as they use some voodoo between Dellienware mobos and the lighting connections. 

Some cases to consider (remember we may have different definitions of a sleek boomy design):

BitFenix Shadow (looks sexy if you ask me, subtle, but sexy)

Corsair Vengeance C70 (it has handles)

Something else to consider would be modifying a case you already like to add some more of the functionality you want out of the case. For example, adding handles yourself or throwing a window on a case that wouldn't otherwise have one. Lighting, paint jobs, all that good stuff can make a subtle case into a centerpiece. 

Unfortunately my skill in the aesthetics are next to non-existant, so I don't think that's on the agenda, but thanks for the advice anyways!

NZXT H440. THAT is a sexy case, for being rather simple.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Alright, I've been looking at some of the suggestions in this thread (way more than I expected). And it stands between the Phantom 410 and 530 right now, the website I am using doesn't really give any information about the 530 in terms of fans, how many slots for them are there, what sizes and so forth?

This should have plenty of info regarding what you'd want to know: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7154/nzxt-phantom-530-case-review

The storm scout 2 is also recommendation along with the Phantom 410.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

And now I find myself torn between the Storm Scout 2 and Phantom 530! Looks like you've been no help at all, I came in confused and came out confused about entirely different cases!

Really though, thanks for the great replies. I'll think think about this a little by myself before deciding, although it's leaning heavily towards the Storm Scout because of that handle, even though it doesn't look quite as gorgeous.

And now I find myself torn between the Storm Scout 2 and Phantom 530! Looks like you've been no help at all, I came in confused and came out confused about entirely different cases!

Really though, thanks for the great replies. I'll think think about this a little by myself before deciding, although it's leaning heavily towards the Storm Scout because of that handle, even though it doesn't look quite as gorgeous.

Have you taken a look at the white storm scout 2? Even if you weren't going for white from the start, it's gorgeous. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.