Floatplane

I am new to floatplane, is there a specific forum for it? Also  I was hoping floatplane would have more historical LTT videos on it or do you only get access to videos that are published after you join?

Essentially, Floatplane is a service which allows you to see 'normal' (not sponsored, embargo, etc.) LTT videos 1 week before they are released to the general public on YouTube. Floatplane allows you to see videos on the forum through the Floatplane Club, and more recently, through the https://www.floatplane.com/ portal. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Right and that makes sense but to be more clear as I wasn't in my original post, currently I can see video that were published after I joined, i think their were maybe 4 t to 6 video's in the library after I joined. What I would love and maybe this is coming, is access to LTT's entire video library like what's available on youtube. Of course I could watch on youtube but much prefer Floatplane. I would def be willing to pay more for the additional content. 

Floatplane has its own section, however thats only available for old customers.

Videos on Floatplane site are those which are uploaded there after site was opened for testing. Same goes with other creators. Its up to creator to upload any older videos.

E: Site can be buggy, this is link to all LMG videos https://www.floatplane.com/channel/linustechtips/videos

Edited by LoGiCalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Awesome, clears things up for me, thanks!

22 minutes ago, Cyber said:

Is the Floatplane forum still up?

I get error when I open https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/91-lmg-floatplane/

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F176/1

4 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

I can get in there either @Slick

If your subscription has migrated to Floatplane.com, you will no longer be able to access Floatplane through the forum. There was a bug which meant that some people still had access after their payment expired, but that has been fixedish now.

HTTP/2 203

It was much better through the forum, the only reason I actually visited the site was for the streams. 

The thing I liked about Floatplane on the forum was the discussion, the Floatplane comment section isn't the same, it's basically YouTube comments but with less cancer.

If we won't have the forum section anymore then I don't really see a point in continuing paying for Floatplane

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Since the shutdown of Vessel, the foundation of the Floatplane initiative has three years to figure everything out. I think it's time for a former way of communication and a roadmap of the website. Losing the access to the forum without any sort warning or message is kinda rude and rough for the long time supporter ?

And there is no official way to contact the floatplane support, so what can i do?

Clearing the cache of my web browser didn't change my lose access to Floatplane Forum.

28 minutes ago, DF0024 said:

Since the shutdown of Vessel, the foundation of the Floatplane initiative has three years to figure everything out. I think it's time for a former way of communication and a roadmap of the website. Losing the access to the forum without any sort warning or message is kinda rude and rough for the long time supporter ?

And there is no official way to contact the floatplane support, so what can i do?

Clearing the cache of my web browser didn't change my lose access to Floatplane Forum.

They say it's a bug that we still had access, was it also a bug that we weren't told we were going to be losing access?

I'm also fairly certain that during WAN show a while back when they were discussing this that although they were stopping hosting the videos on the forum, we would still have a dedicated area for discussion

Edit:

I found where they said it

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

1 minute ago, yolosnail said:

They say it's a bug that we still had access, was it also a bug that we weren't told we were going to be losing access?

I'm also fairly certain that during WAN show a while back when they were discussing this that although they were stopping hosting the videos on the forum, we would still have a dedicated area for discussion

Even if it is a bug, why is there no official communication from the Floatplane team about it? Why is there no contact form on the website of Floatplane? If you disable embed video for the forum, why should I be on the forum to get support? Same thing about subscription, there are now on the website.

I know even if a watch religiously the WAN Show, I won't have the full story of news about Floatplane. The only absolute thing is something will get better soon

I get it, it's a big project, the number one priority is getting video to the audience in a wonderful quality as fast as possible on the entire planet. But since the website is up, as a customer and fan, I have not seem many change to the website (The star are not align for me to watch live content and there is no archive of it). I get it, I only pay 3$ for video content, but can I have incite about the whole project in alpha?

I'm disappointed to have lost my access to the forum, the only official communication of Floatplane. But it's remind me, I don't know anything anymore about this big vessel ( ? pun)

2 minutes ago, DF0024 said:

Even if it is a bug, why is there no official communication from the Floatplane team about it? Why is there no contact form on the website of Floatplane? If you disable embed video for the forum, why should I be on the forum to get support? Same thing about subscription, there are now on the website.

I know even if a watch religiously the WAN Show, I won't have the full story of news about Floatplane. The only absolute thing is something will get better soon

I get it, it's a big project, the number one priority is getting video to the audience in a wonderful quality as fast as possible on the entire planet. But since the website is up, as a customer and fan, I have not seem many change to the website (The star are not align for me to watch live content and there is no archive of it). I get it, I only pay 3$ for video content, but can I have incite about the whole project in alpha?

I'm disappointed to have lost my access to the forum, the only official communication of Floatplane. But it's remind me, I don't know anything anymore about this big vessel ( ? pun)

I get that they're probably doing a lot of work on the back end, but from the outside they've made virtually no progress since launching the alpha site.

We still aren't able to change the quality of the live streams nearly 6 months later, still no official cinema mode for the streams (although there are Chrome extensions that you can download to achieve it, so it can't be that difficult to implement an official solution)

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

4 minutes ago, DF0024 said:

Even if it is a bug, why is there no official communication from the Floatplane team about it? Why is there no contact form on the website of Floatplane?

Support form can be found here https://www.floatplane.com/support#support-help

Also, the forum always was supposed to be a temporary solution while we were working on the main website. With recent changes, we would have had to put some efforts to fix support for the forum properly.

People were supposed to be competely migrated off the forum since the 31 of January (we gifted 2 free months for the trouble of having to re-register your payment on the new platform and to say thanks for early supporters) but because of a bug, some people kept access to the forum without any payment renewals. We effectively just fixed that problem.

2 minutes ago, AJJaxNet said:

Also, the forum always was supposed to be a temporary solution while we were working on the main website. With recent changes, we would have had to put some efforts to fix support for the forum properly.

People were supposed to be competely migrated off the forum since the 31 of January (we gifted 2 free months for the trouble of having to re-register your payment on the new platform and to say thanks for early supporters) but because of a bug, some people kept access to the forum without any payment renewals. We effectively just fixed that problem.

Yes, but we were also promised to still have a forum area to discuss after the migration, but this was taken away without any notice

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

4 minutes ago, AJJaxNet said:

Could this be a priority to put that form somewhere on the website? Because if you would not have post this link in this post, I would have not found that page. Because there is no public link on the Floatplane website right now.

i have preferred the forum to watch videos because of the increased audience engagement, even the ltt staff have posted they often will engage audience on the forum and not the floatplane website.  I also recall we where told we would maintain a section on the forum.  Please bring it back. 

5 minutes ago, Huskycdn said:

i have preferred the forum to watch videos because of the increased audience engagement, even the lt staff have posted they often will engage audience on the forum and not the floatplane website.  I also recall we where told we would maintain a section on the forum.  Please bring it back. 

For me Floatplane was never about the increased image quality or the lack of ads, or even early access to be honest (are we getting early access, or are YouTube just getting it late?), it was about the community.

Another thing that you just brought up that makes this seem a bit fishy is like you say LTT staff have been engaging in the Floatplane section on the forum, surely if it was just a bug that we still had access, they wouldn't have bothered

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

also just realize we no longer have the floatplane member tag thing 

Didn't get auto billed for this months floatplane, cant access the forum page or repurchase my subscription through floatplane.com, just getting a "whoop's something went wrong, try again later error" after clicking purchase. Who do I talk to get this resolved?

37 minutes ago, DF0024 said:

Could this be a priority to put that form somewhere on the website? Because if you would not have post this link in this post, I would have not found that page. Because there is no public link on the Floatplane website right now.

It can be found in your account settings under "Help & Support".

We will look into adding a link to this page somewhere more visible.

6 minutes ago, AJJaxNet said:

It can be found in your account settings under "Help & Support".

We will look into adding a link to this page somewhere more visible.

image.png.e0eb849f73a0782366912e73fad4ecf0.png

That's a lot of step to get help when you are emotional/irrational and if someone loose access to his account, he will not get to that page.

I really wish that's gonna get more visibility soon.