CPU idle temp 90-100

Go to solution Solved by unsungheroist,

check power to the pump. pumps can fail prematurely even brand new 

Hey guys

So my CPU/Mobo is around 2 months old now and PC has been running totally fine.

Yesterday I log on and my PC is running really slow which is weird.. So I restart, slight improvement but still slow which was evident when I turned csgo on, usual fps is roughly 300 but was only getting 100.

After checking temps,I see they are at 100 which never happens so I turn everything off and go and check my components. Everything is connected fine, and I really thermal paste and still getting the same issue with CPU idleing at 90-100.

CPU: i5 9600k

Mobo; gigabyte z370p

Cooler: Corsair h110

Checked temps on 2 apps to be certain there are no faulty readings.

Any help is appreciated.

I think your AIO pump is dead - if it’s only 2 months old RMA it

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

100c can boil the AIO. I'm amazed it's not blown.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

10 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I think your AIO pump is dead - if it’s only 2 months old RMA it

Thought it might be the pump... It's unfortunately few years old.. Thanks though

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

100c can boil the AIO. I'm amazed it's not blown.

Noted.. And not turning the computer back on...

Thanks haha

4 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

Silly question... How do I check the power to the pump?

4 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

I second that and the above posts.  The pump has to be botched or not working at all.  Check with software to see the pump speed.  100c is outgragous I wouldnt even get that with 1.500v lol.  So ya pump has to be the bandit here.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, abdul94 said:

Silly question... How do I check the power to the pump?

Use Corsair iLink software or Corsair iCue software to check pump speed and liquid temp and all that jazz.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Use Corsair iLink software or Corsair iCue software to check pump speed and liquid temp and all that jazz.

Think it's worth risking turning PC on to install that? Don't want to risk a new CPU and board for an aio which was bought 4 years ago or so

2 minutes ago, abdul94 said:

Think it's worth risking turning PC on to install that? Don't want to risk a new CPU and board for an aio which was bought 4 years ago or so

its easier to turn the pc on briefly and try to feel if any liquid is moving through the tubes, or any vibrations are coming from the pump

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

its easier to turn the pc on briefly and try to feel if any liquid is moving through the tubes, or any vibrations are coming from the pump

I'll test this shortly, thank you

5 minutes ago, abdul94 said:

an aio which was bought 4 years ago or so

didn't notice the "4 year" old aio at first glance. At that age, it's certainly the pump, and you'd be best off to just replace it

22 minutes ago, Derrk said:

didn't notice the "4 year" old aio at first glance. At that age, it's certainly the pump, and you'd be best off to just replace it

Yes I second that.  We don't wanna botch your sexy hardware so just turn it on like Derrk said and feel the pump if its vibrating or not.  If you don't feel anything then its dead.  RMA the AIO but sh*T 4 years they might not cover it.

thank you for the love peps. now to turn this into "Which AIO best for me thread?" i toss my suggestion for NZXT kraken series. better warranty service for most and 5 years. and have the best looking RGB with the glass top

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

4 hours ago, unsungheroist said:

thank you for the love peps. now to turn this into "Which AIO best for me thread?" i toss my suggestion for NZXT kraken series. better warranty service for most and 5 years. and have the best looking RGB with the glass top

Its been a while, i could be wrong, but i think i remember seeing the x62 performs the best