Hardware or Software problem?..

OvidiuHiei

Hello, 2 months ago I upgraded my pc, bought a new monitor, graphics card, PSU and also an ssd. I didn't have the chance to test it much so i just played LoL  and Skyrim it was ok for the first week or two then it started to give problems when playing games, first it started lagging i first noticed this on DMC5 it would lag and freeze for like 5 seconds, sometimes more, then  it would lose sound or the sound would be very behind with what's it's actually happening on screen. Then after that it started to bluescreen me from time to time, but lately it has been much worse, even when playing LoL it bluescreens me, some of the errors were: "unexpected store exception" and "critical process died" this happens to me sometimes if i play games it pretty much happens everyday. I dont know if my old components are too old for this monitor and graphics card or if its a software problem or wtv it is, but crystaldiskinfo says my ssd is good health

specs:

i5 4460
8gb ram ddr3
gpu: rx 590
monitor: LG 24GM79G-B

PSU: LC6650 v2.3

if its hardware bottleneck i was thinking of just upgrading my pc, and only keep the gpu and monitor

When you installed the SSD did you do a fresh install of Windows or did you clone from your old drive?

10 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

When you installed the SSD did you do a fresh install of Windows or did you clone from your old drive?

i first  bought the ssd and installed it with fresh install, then 2 weeks later i bought the graphics card and then the monitor

Just now, OvidiuHiei said:

i first  bought the ssd and installed it with fresh install, then 2 weeks later i bought the graphics card and then the monitor

I would then try running DDU to completely remove any traces of your old GPU driver and reinstall the latest one for your 590.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

11 hours ago, OvidiuHiei said:

Hello, 2 months ago I upgraded my pc, bought a new monitor, graphics card, PSU and also an ssd. I didn't have the chance to test it much so i just played LoL  and Skyrim it was ok for the first week or two then it started to give problems when playing games, first it started lagging i first noticed this on DMC5 it would lag and freeze for like 5 seconds, sometimes more, then  it would lose sound or the sound would be very behind with what's it's actually happening on screen. Then after that it started to bluescreen me from time to time, but lately it has been much worse, even when playing LoL it bluescreens me, some of the errors were: "unexpected store exception" and "critical process died" this happens to me sometimes if i play games it pretty much happens everyday. I dont know if my old components are too old for this monitor and graphics card or if its a software problem or wtv it is, but crystaldiskinfo says my ssd is good health

specs:

i5 4460
8gb ram ddr3

if its hardware bottleneck i was thinking of just upgrading my pc, and only keep the gpu and monitor

That PSU is pretty junk, it might not be providing adequate power to the GPU. "Critical Process Died" usually indicates hardware failure. The Rx 590 is a fairly power hungry card, that could be the issue

Gaming PC: i7 9700k | Noctua NH-D15 | 2x Asus STRIX GTX 980 DirectCU II SLI | Asus Prime Z370-A | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz | Corsair RM850X | Asus Rog Swift 165 Hz | LG 27UD58 4K | Phanteks Enthoo Primoo

Workstation PC: i7 9900k | NZXT Kraken x62 | ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | PNY Quadro RTX 5000 | Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Seaonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650 W | 4 TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

Server 1: (Web server ) 2x Intel Xeon X5650 6c 12t (Total 12c/24t) | Supermicro X8DT6 | 128 GB DDR3 ECC | AMD Radeon R7 250 | SuperMicro PWS-1K21P-1R  Redundant 1200W PSU | 1 TB 840 Evo | 4 TB Seagate Barracuda Pro | Fedora Server

Server 2: (Home File Server): i5 2500k | P8P67 Pro | 16 GB DDR3 2133|  Corsair TX750 ATX SLI | XFX Radeon HD 6950 | 2x 4 TB Toshiba X300 | 2x 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | 256 GB 860 EVO | Unraid  

Emulation System 1: Raspberry Pi 3 B, RetroArch on Raspbian with 8Bitdo Wireless controller

Emulation System 2: AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition | ASUS Crosshair III Formula | 8 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | 128 GB Toshiba OCZ SSD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64,  Xbox 360 Controller

12 hours ago, OvidiuHiei said:

specs:

i5 4460
8gb ram ddr3

make sure the cables for the gpu are plugged in all the way on the gpu end and psu end (if its a modular psu).