i finna have no idea whats a good monitor

_Elon_

i live in the land down under (Australia) and i was looking for a monitor with at least 144hz and a tn or ips (preferably) but va is fine (i think)

i have found some but idk if they're good?

the Acer Nitro VG271P and the Acer KG271UA 

thanks

It all depends on what you want to do with your monitor. 

Just now, Dexter5781 said:

It all depends on what you want to do with your monitor. 

mainly gaming

Mr ellon.. Ips has better color and viewing angle than TN but it has ips glow and backlight bleed problem. 

I would choose VA if I were you, those contrast ratio will be more noticeable and it doesn't have backlight bleed issues at least not as bad and noticeable as ips. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Mr ellon.. Ips has better color and viewing angle than TN but it has ips glow and backlight bleed problem. 

I would choose VA if I were you, those contrast ratio will be more noticeable and it doesn't have backlight bleed issues at least not as bad and noticeable as ips. 

but people seem to notice more ghosting issues even though they are advertised as as 1ms, such as some other tn panels

Why not VA? I’m just curious. I usually think of VA panels as almost having the same color of an IPS and the response time of TN but also having great contrast.

2 minutes ago, _Elon_ said:

but people seem to notice more ghosting issues even though they are advertised as as 1ms, such as some other tn panels

Those are VA panels that have a “fast” mode that gets you to the 1ms. Those fast modes usually introduce overshoot which looks like ghosting. My VA panel is 144hz with 3ms response time and I don’t see any ghosting.

Just now, Sorenson said:

Those are VA panels that have a “fast” mode that gets you to the 1ms. Those fast modes usually introduce overshoot which looks like ghosting. My VA panel is 144hz with 3ms response time and I don’t see any ghosting.

ok, because there was this person that reviewed the MSI MAG271C and thought it had ghosting issues, and then turned on anti ghosting and it made the screen really dim

i was also thinking to get the msi mag271c

Just now, _Elon_ said:

ok, because there was this person that reviewed the MSI MAG271C and thought it had ghosting issues, and then turned on anti ghosting and it made the screen really dim

i was also thinking to get the msi mag271c

I recommend using rtings.com for tv or monitor reviews. They do really good in-depth testing for displays. They haven’t reviewed that one yet. But the previous version of it scores pretty high on motion and image blur.

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

I recommend using rtings.com for tv or monitor reviews. They do really good in-depth testing for displays. They haven’t reviewed that one yet. But the previous version of it scores pretty high on motion and image blur.

what is it called?

11 minutes ago, _Elon_ said:

No its just thing of the past.. VA panel has come a long way. 

And again.. There is no standardization to measure response time so 1ms monitor can be equal or faster than 5ms monitor from different manufacturer. In fact it's the 1# factor that you should ignore when shopping for monitor the 2nd factor is dynamic contrast ratio. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore